Predator/Schwinn build....Tigmaster....

GoldenMotor.com

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Hello Gang,Fish was good,grilled while I cut grass...Lot of thinkin' as Yer walkin'...Back in the shop,camera in hand, laptop on standby....HaHa EZ De-Stroking Stickers...I think the plan is to make it super quiet,stay under 30 mph(Michigan law) and pedal....for the X R size...Heres the pics,ENJOY!....Tigmaster....

Attachments

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
What I thought of while cuttin'....Same plate,comet tav2 20 Ineed to finish the bushing(5/8"to3/4") and stub extention for the crank if I do this....The two tires are a "Thick Brick" 24"x3" and a"Quick Brick" 26"x2.125"....Almost the same O.D. ....Tigmaster....

Attachments

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Hey Tig, where can I find some of that metal that you made the engine mount from? I like what you did there. Isn't that something used in metal building construction?

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Wayne,theres a funny story about that stuff...I was coming home from work,thinking about how I was going to mount My engine and at a stop light I looked over at the next lane and there was two 8' lengths just layin' there!...I went around the turn and stopped put on the flashers and ran back and got them!....They probly slid n fell out of a work truck takin'off from the light!...Its tuff stuff,I was thinking it was for some kind of rack or shelving....I've got some extra,want two er three foot?....Pay shipping an its Yours!.....Tigmaster....

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It is still looking very good.
I like the white wall 'Bricks. It's too bad I cannot get Hookworms in white wall.

Hey, is that a Tecumseh 2-stroke I see in the background?

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Yes GearNut,that is a small two stroke teki that came off a toro snow brush...It hade a aluminum driven sprocket that was bent and ended up in the trash....Nothing was wrong with the engine so I snatched it up,I was gonna put it on one of those midget bikes,but the one I found is way too small for Me to fit on....Maybe it will fit on a 20" bmx....I also have a Kawasaki leaf blower engine that was found the same way..."One Mans garbage is another Mans Gold"!....The "Quicks" are going on the Schwinn,just waiting for one more from the local bike shop and I'm going to build up a faux board track type bike with the "Thicks"...The 24" rims I picked up are from a Mountain bike and their too skinny for My liking but will work for set up of the frame....Tigmaster....

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
LOL that jackshaft mount looks kinda familar. Much more refined than mine turned out. I didn't know if this drive method would work out good or not, and I didn't want to chance wasting time making an unproven device that was real pretty but didn't work so well, so I used whatever was laying around that was easy to git 'er dun, and didn't worry about cosmetics so much.

If you used that with a belt clutch, you would be amazed at how much less vibration and noise and maintenance and oil mess there is. I don't think I will ever use an open chain primary on a build again.
I've grown fond of using a belt secondary too. Besides the smooth and clean quietness, it is so easy, with no tools or rags needed, to walk the secondary belt off the wheel pully for completly dragless drivetrain for pedaling if you want or need to.

I like the CVT drives, they make a lotta sense. I gotta do one of those soon. Got some ideas about building my own CVT with a large enough driven pulley to get a bike useable ratio and driveline offset without the need of an additional jackshaft.

Last edited:

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Wayne,got Yer P/M and I'll check the rates in the A.M.,no trouble with cutting...the sawsall is in ez reach at all times!....I have more pic of the F/D bike,just have to resize them...They show the pully set up I was going for when I found out the shaft was oversize,and didn't want to tear into My new clutch just yet!...I was going to run the clutch on the J/S with belt drive primary then the clutch sprocket to the wheel....The way it was set up in that pic the chain did not like it turning around that twelve tooth sprockets and the bushing in the clutch bell wore quick....I didn't take into account the added pull on the chain when I tightened the roller to the tire....Tigmaster....

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Wayne,just a little bit of cuttin' on the HARBOR/FREIGHT drop bandsaw....Had a bad motor so it was returned,at the time I'm lookin' and just joking I said to the manager...I'll give Ya $40 bucks....And He said O.K. got a new motor from the appliance Guy...$10 bucks.....Best $50 spent ever!....Tigmaster....

Attachments

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Wayne,just a little bit of cuttin' on the HARBOR/FREIGHT drop bandsaw....Had a bad motor so it was returned,at the time I'm lookin' and just joking I said to the manager...I'll give Ya $40 bucks....And He said O.K. got a new motor from the appliance Guy...$10 bucks.....Best $50 spent ever!....Tigmaster....
That's a great saw! I have one just like it but it's 20 years old. I use it a lot and it has served me well.

I got mine free from a neighbor. It would shock him whenever it was plugged in and touched. He was gonna sell it for scrap.

After I got it home I found that one of the capacitor wires was touching the capicitor cover. Very easy fix.

Do you have the little table to use it freehand in the upright position? I use mine a lot in the upright position with a small homemade table bolted to the blade guide with chamfered screws.

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Yep,came in the box...The Guy that returned it said he cut one piece...and the motor just smoked....I think He walked away and it snaged and stalled,smoking the motor....The belt told a tale...LOL....I want to change it over to 1/4" blade from the 1/2" so I can cut out tighter curves without extra cutting....Tigmaster....

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
And turned out a faux header,just gotta wave the magic wand over,under and around...And say the magic word...(I'll never tell)....cut down the stock flange,kissed it with the file to make sure its flat...more pics thursday....Tigmaster....

Attachments