Predator/Schwinn build....Tigmaster....

GoldenMotor.com

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
HAHAHAHAhaha...(Maddness sets in)...It works!....now MORE!...First pic,set up;sec pic,stripped down bare block(eazyr to handle)3rd,upside down for a "rubbing"...4th,"rubbed"..5th,using for hole placement....Tigmaster....

Attachments

Last edited:

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
How 'bout five more?...1st....1/2 thick aluminum plate,slots for adjustment coming.2nd.first thought for bearing mount.3rd.&4th found a better readymade part...highend go-kart front hub,with two hi speed bearings..under $25,good view of slots for primary chain adj. 5th,fitting clutch/chain.....Tigmaster....

Attachments

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I like the step-by-step pics. I should have done better with that on my build... :(
I like the quality of work you have done with the drive plate. Using the Go-Kart hub as a bearing carrier is an excellent idea!

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
....Well?....I've been lurking and giving comments to everyones posts,so this picture show was long overdue....figgered out how to do alot of things by trial and error,posting pics was one of them!....the few show the old engine mount that was first try at friction drive,thats the other holes seen....The new slots allow movement side to side for chain line tweeks....The rear wheel has a "Flip/Flop" hub laced to the stock Schwinn rim and a sixty tooth #35 pitch sprocket fastened with buttonhead grade 8 capbolts to a "Fixxie"16 tooth sprocket, held in place with a lockring....Now I've got to take more pictures....More posts to come....Enjoy!....Tigmaster....

Last edited:

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Your welcome Silverbear,and yes Wayne it has two 5/8 hi-speed bearings...I got it from My go-kart Guy,its use on racing go-karts as a front hub....

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Wayne the friction drive worked great,because the style was stolen from some Guy on here.....O yea it was YOU!...LOL!....The stock tire worked,but had a defect in the side wall...I should of looked the bike over better when it was bought,but I had visions of powered flight clouding My sights....I have lots of pics on the build,but their too big...Have to resize them and do another picture show!....Tigmaster....

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
A little off subject, but I know you guys also use the 99 predator and Wayne, you just got another for a ridiculous price... was just thinking that this is the "new China girl" engine. When I got started with these motor bikes I ran through a series of builds with the Happy Time motors with the usual troubles over poor quality, vibrations, etc., they were inexpensive, but unfortunately were also cheap.

Then I had my first 4 stroke bike experience with a 50 cc. Hua Sheng. What a difference that was. Smooth running, easy to start and dead reliable. Then a build came with the 79cc Greyhound... what a lot of motor that was for the money. And now this 99cc comes along and proves itself to be just about perfect for a motor bike, in my opinion. Super affordable, reliable, easy to start and lots of power. I think it is going to be just about as commonplace as the China Girl motor was, especially if out of the box kits come along for adapting it to a bike. You guys are paving the way for those of us a bit less mechanically able. Wayne, you've been an inspiration. Tig, I can see you came from the same mold.
SB

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Not off subject at all....I've been commenting Lots and I just thought to give credit where its due,I can't begin to list all the talent on the site and the great bikes thats been shown but I've done everything from ideas gathered right here!....R/D at an affordable price...I would love to build a "Kit"...and try to market it,but the 99cc thing is a big stumbling block for legal rides...I was thinking about a sleaved and de-stroked predator!...Like maybe 50 cc to be right with the Gov. Just a daydream,but for the right person it could happen....The weathers great, birdys are chirpin', fish are jumpin',Grass needs cuttin',I can't sit inside on the computer all day...Again...Tigmaster....

Last edited: