Performance CDI

GoldenMotor.com

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca
Gauging interest in these if i could sell them at around $20 shipped.

They would be completed circuit boards and each one tested.
No casing or box ($3-$6 depending on material and where you get it)
No ignition coil ($11-$20, i got mine on ebay for $10.95 brand new)
Simply the completed circuit board ready to be mounted in a box of your choice, and wired up to run.

Reason i'm possibly offering these is i can buy in bulk MUCH cheaper than for an individual board. and as i only need 1, ill be able to make about 9 others with the spare parts.
Already made 1 with additional jumpers for advanced timing and blew my piston, so these will be performance oriented cdi's that will prevent anyone else from doing my same mistake.

Last edited:

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Re: "Jag" Clone CDI

Sounds like a good price, it would cost more than that just to make one.
I got my first pack of 82 Ohm resistors from China, they cost 2 bux.
That's just 1 piece!

I am making the simpler one for now, then I will build the Jag clone, and it will cost me more than 20 dollars, simply because these parts come in packs of 10,20,25, you can't buy one at a time.

K.mah, maybe pictures would help.

Good price.
And shipping included in price at that!

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca

I haven't ordered all parts yet which is why I'm gauging interest.
I've got enough parts to build a jag, so I can post pics of that after my marathon stretch at work. I ordered all my current parts from mouser and got enough for a jag and modified kdx "dual" cdi, which cost me about $30, just for electronic parts.
Found cheaper deals in bulk elsewhere and figure I could share the cost cut with those interested.

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca

Forgot to mention in the original post, I dont want any $ up front at all, not until they would be tested and ready to ship out.
Parts will probably arrive latest a month after order, then maybe a week for building. As a rough estimate

k.mah

Nov 22, 2012
oceanside,ca

Alright! Ordering parts then. I'll update when they're actually built. I'll probably have about 9 when all's said and done

chevelle454

Jun 25, 2012
Ohio

I was thinking about building one myself, but at $20 its too hard to pass up... If you get some pics of your work quality I'd be interested. Also, would you be willing to sell the parts for a complete kit, unassembled?