New SCSW Tuned Pipes for sale!

GoldenMotor.com

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I used header wrap around the pipe, because the guy that welded the header did such a bad looking job, plus it keeps my leg from getting burned. I packed mine "loosely" with pink fiberglass insulation. The PVC holds up well, not much heat at the end of the pipe. A thermos would also work fine. Just keep in mind that the larger diameter the cannister the more room for the sound waves, so the quieter it is. The stock silencer was only about a 1-1/4" diameter and I thought was too loud, no matter what it was packed with. I also found that by making the stinger (length of copper) longer I could tune the pipe, by either making it longer and increasing the backpressure, or making it shorter and decreasing the backpressure

Last edited:

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I don't think you will be disappointed with it. My bike engine really seemed to wake up after adding it. I also performed the recommended mod of cutting down the pipe on the baffle inside the muffler. Only problem I had with my muffler is that it does not fit well into the end of the pipe because the muffler's pipe is not round. I will either get a new one figure out a way to improve the seal.

I give this pipe a BIG Thumbs Up + 2 SNAPS
You can try using some friction tape for the seal, it would help keep the pipe on and with the use of a good heavy duty hose clamp will makle a big difference dance1

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I used header wrap around the pipe, because the guy that welded the header did such a bad looking job, plus it keeps my leg from getting burned. I packed mine "loosely" with pink fiberglass insulation. The PVC holds up well, not much heat at the end of the pipe. A thermos would also work fine. Just keep in mind that the larger diameter the cannister the more room for the sound waves, so the quieter it is. The stock silencer was only about a 1-1/4" diameter and I thought was too loud, no matter what it was packed with. I also found that by making the stinger (length of copper) longer I could tune the pipe, by either making it longer and increasing the backpressure, or making it shorter and decreasing the backpressure
Thats a real good ideal for like $25 you could make a varity of different mufflers and see which one you like the best
Question- how much of a difference was it compared to the stock pipe? %ish

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thats a real good ideal for like $25 you could make a varity of different mufflers and see which one you like the best
Question- how much of a difference was it compared to the stock pipe? %ish
I tried a few configuations of the chamber, downswept with a long header MUCH more low end torque than the kit exhaust, then the setup I have now, not as much low end but more mid and top end power. I think a chamber properly matched is the difference between night and day vs the kit exhaust. I really dont think the size of the silencer/muffler has too much to do with performance since it is after the chambers stinger, and doesnt effect backpressure, as it is absorbed into the fiberglass packing, just effects sound. I also have done some porting, cut the piston skirt, and until I broke the mount on my carb, was running a 18mm Mikuni carb.

dnut.shft..fly.wee.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
We found that the stock muffler with a little modification worked the best but you can get a nice pocketbike muffler from Pipelyne. Dean probably made most of the ones you see on the aftermarket pocketbike pipes. He carries all different size muffler.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I forgot to mention that the green 3M scrubbing pads (the ones used for cleaning pots and pans) works better for packing than fiberglass. It's amazing how much better it lowers your exhaust db.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
.rd.
Hey guys --made the muffler today!!! WOW!!-used soft half inch copper- put 3" piece of 3/4" copper into tuned pipe-used an alligator reducer fitting 3/4 to 1/2 inch these are great you just push into it and it grabs. used 1 litre thermos bottle stainless 15 bucks walmart (was using it as spare gas container but o rings disintegrated)-- drilled holes in soft copper inside thermos-- tube out the end--bolted down with pipe clamps -packed stainless steel scrub pads around central tube--super quite and it seems all power is still there - looks professional quieter than stok..cargo

Attachments

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
.trk
THhe excelleration seems faster and i am running a 44 tooth sprocket and now it sucks me up the hills further with less pedaling. Me and my sons are somewhat like the DUKES OF HAZZARD. I plan making for the muffler a mini dr.jeckel mr. hyde cut of that you can get for harleys. (it bipasses the muffler with 2 shut off thru a t fitting --Full Noise--also i plan putting on it a smoker kit using a diesel injecter .We did that on A plymouth volare 1976 that my son blew a mushroom with a shotgun thru the roof---we did it again this year on a 76 ford v8 pickup--at an intersection it billows about 60 ft. into the air and you completely loose site of the vehicle.they passed 2 hotshot guys in a new mustang convertible on the highway and were a full 2 miles before they could move!!i thought it would be great if it works on a small engine to elude the cops!!!

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Wow Pipeline, that pipe came out nice. One thing people will need to take advantage of all you can get out of it, "PORTING" It is like a hot cam for the Two stroke engine. Look for a good carb also. Have fun, Dave