I found the HOLY GRAIL! (1926 Harley)

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Way back when, we used to let the oil return line run into a clear glass quart beer bottle, for a fresh startup, to watch the sparkly metal shavings in the oil.
Not much sense letting them stay in the system.

Might not have been a bad idea for your first start on that old flattie...
Sry I didn't think of it earlier.

How many kicks did it take to start it? :)

Best
rc

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Even with all that smoke that is a great video..... im so jealous.... you sir are a very lucky man.

Do you have an idea of what you will do with this engine or havent you thought that far ahead yet?

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
Even with all that smoke that is a great video..... im so jealous.... you sir are a very lucky man.

Do you have an idea of what you will do with this engine or havent you thought that far ahead yet?
It will become a driver hopefully in the next year, I have my eye on a company that sells reproduction frames and tanks. Ill probably just lace my 23" honda xl500 rims to some usable hubs, and do a dirt tracker that I can get some use out of! :)

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
That engine is sweet! It sounds cool too. If you are going to get a reproduction frame, why not some actual 28" rims and tires from Coker too? You can download a pdf of their products and prices. If I'm not mistake I think a 36h 28" rim is about $120 and tires are about the same unless you get white those are almost $300 each.

I figure, if you already have a real antique engine you might as well invest in it. I'm sure you will turn a profit if you ever decide to sell it, if you do things right.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
36H 28" rims for $120... i didnt realise they were that cheap. Thats not a bad price at all.....I think i will be looking into these. Thanks Lurker

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
That engine is sweet! It sounds cool too. If you are going to get a reproduction frame, why not some actual 28" rims and tires from Coker too? You can download a pdf of their products and prices. If I'm not mistake I think a 36h 28" rim is about $120 and tires are about the same unless you get white those are almost $300 each.

I figure, if you already have a real antique engine you might as well invest in it. I'm sure you will turn a profit if you ever decide to sell it, if you do things right.
Wow! I'm going to do some looking into that, I'm real picky with wheels. And if I don't have to pay $175 extra per tire just for lace & true, Its a win.

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
Here are some screen shots of the pdf I was talking about. I was a little off on the price It seem like to be about $170 per rim and tire. But still thats not too bad if you consider the profit you could potentially turn with this machine. I have designed my v twin build to accept these rims and tires if I decide to upgrade in the future.

Attachments