For those over 50

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
For all my pilot buddys...Whirly Birds!!! Neat. That old Bell 47G was used in more TV shows and movies than any other aircraft, except maybe for the Gooney...

Zevo, Jimmy Buffet immortalized Boston Blackie in one of his old songs. "I wish I had a pencil then mustach, the Boston Blackie kind. A two tone Ricky Ricardo jacket and an autographed picture of Andy Devine..."

Tom

Zev0

May 18, 2009
Rio Grand Valley
I remember "Kingfish" can't remember who played him though.

How about Nick and Nora Roberts with Peter Lawford and can't remember the lady's name.

Srjeeper

Aug 15, 2009
NE Pa.
ZevO,

'Whitey' was the dogs name on Boston Blackie show.

KINGFISH (George Stevens) was on the old Amos & Andy TV show. He was the leader of their lodge 'The Mystic Knights of the Sea'.

Nora Charles was played by Myrna Loy in the 30's, then Phyllis Kirk on TV in the 50's.

"Holy mackrel Andy"......

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
For the old guys !

THE GOLDEN YEARS HAVE COME AT LAST,

I CANNOT SEE, I CANNOT PEE

I CANNOT CHEW, I CANNOT SCREW

MY MEMORY SHRINKS, MY HEARING STINKS,

NO SENSE OF SMELL, I LOOK LIKE ****,

MY BODY'S DROOPING, GOT TROBLE POOPING.

THE GOLDEN YEARS HAVE COME AT LAST,

THE GOLDEN YEARS CAN KISS MY ASS

Does this apply to you ? it usually starts after 50 !

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Maynard G. Krebbs was afraid of " WUuuRK ". I must be a little younger, the TV shows I remember were Sky King when I was really young, Sea Hunt, 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Combat!, The Invaders, Hee Haw and an afternoon vampire soap opera called Dark Shadows. Ok, I'll say it first....I was a couch potato as a kid. Oh yeah....one more Star Trek

MHF

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Ahh , The Invaders , what a great show thanks for that memory . Hey Fred do you remember how the star of that show ,Roy Thinnes , could tell the differance between the aliens and the earthlings ?

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Do any of you realize that this thread is 9 pages long? Guess that says something about the demographics of this silly hobby of ours, huh? It sure has been fun.
Tom

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Tom Brokaw wrote/produced The Greatest Generation . The For Those Over 50 people and there brothers and sisters reaped the benifits from that generation . Now look what we have to leave our children and grandchildren .

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Norm, "the Thing From Another World". The Electric Blanket Thawed Him Out. They Chopped His Arm Off, Laid It On The Table, Fingers Moved. He Grew It Back. Electrocuted Him. I Pulled My Feet Up On The Seat Chussion In The Theater!! Lol I Had To Walk Home In The Dark, A Loooong Scary Trip!! "the Bickersons" Don Ameche, Wife Blance. They Argued All The Time. It Was Hilarious. The Shadow, The Fat Man = Robert Conrad. I seen Lash La Rue at the fair doing his whip tricks. ron

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
On Gunsmoke, Who Was The Young Deputy With The Wooden Or Stiff Leg? Not Festus. How Many Realized That Matt Dillon (james Arness) Actually Had A Wooden Leg?? If You Did Not Know, It Was Hard To Spot. Ron

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Dennis Weaver was Chester . Dennis also had the star role in Spielberg's" The Duel " I don't recall ever hearing about Jim Arness having a wooden leg . I read he was hit by machine gun fire .

Attachments

Last edited:

Srjeeper

Aug 15, 2009
NE Pa.
What was the name of the program that this was on?

The Buster Brown Show...His full name was 'Froggy the Gremlin' and it started out as a radio show then went to TV on saturday mornings. The show was also know as 'Andy's Gang' staring Andy Devine who later became 'Wild Bill Hickock's' sidekick 'Jingles'.

Last edited: