finally building a BTR inspired motobike

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Harry..........How you doing these days and hows the Family thing hang'n? Good I hope!
No not doing any welding but a lot of other fab that I'm capable of I let Dan do the welding and I design (LOL!) I'd say welding is my only limitation.
Just some Ideas floating around in that empty space called a head, Glad to Share,Hope you use it it will be the next step once you get the frame together.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
another update, we managed to cut the downtube to the right length and got the top tube attached:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Looks Real! Real! Good ! I like the curve of the down loop tube ,I see you pay attention to the details, from one member to another do me a favor,put a half rear fender on it

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
Looks Real! Real! Good ! I like the curve of the down loop tube ,I see you pay attention to the details, from one member to another do me a favor,put a half rear fender on it
Already a step ahead of ya, I just measured one out. I doubt this build will be my regular rider, I'll probably display it in my living room lol

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
YAH! Ha! Ha! Ha! LOL! yer funny Ha! Ha! this forum should hold a build off and Voting for monthly most beautiful bike recognition, Have you decided on the color ? if you live in So. Cal. close to Antelope Valley I know an XLNT powder coater.
You'll ride it.

Last edited:

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
I'm down in San Diego, I love painting sol I'll be painting it myself :D. Having a build off us a great idea but it's also very subjective...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Oh! by the way don't just cut the fender straight off take the corners down just a wee bit as it goe's into the side, just looks a little more refinded, just a thought.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Give the build of a year for complition as most build with minimum funding and or resources, an annual yearly build off and the trophy can be a SWEET! Head Badge designed for the type of style of the winning bike, but No! catagories of style for the build off contest, No! engine size or type catagory, just the best looking, well thought out build.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
got some more work done today, heres Scotty doing his thing:

Last edited:

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
fit the tank in and now its time to figure out exact placement of the motor:

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
thanks CCC, it is turning out pretty nice, im gonna have to think of a creative way to fill the gap between the front of the tank and the frame, also, itll be pretty tricky getting that motor so low (with the chain / crank clearance). i decided to go with the 49cc simply because it makes it street legal and technically still a "bicycle". Perhaps down the road ill build a 212cc predator bike, but for now this will work perfect :D

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Your welcome. The 212 is just too big and does not fit the look, look into a Honda GC 160. Add a cvt and your rides will be endless. The combo works so well. Attached is my sons bike. We ride all the time with no issues...as far as the 49cc deal.

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Looking great!!!! Just a thought, to fill in the gap between the tank and frame is add a gusset for strength. Once the tank and frame are the same color or patina you won't even notice...... Otherwise you could just lengthen the tank

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
My 2 cents... I second Harry's idea with the gusset. I have the same issue, and plan a gusset which follows the tanks lines. One inch tacks on neck and both bars (both sides of gusset) and it should look "factory" and add lots of strength to all angles.

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
That's probably the best idea, I was gonna carve a wooden block to fit in there, but a gusset will give it that extra strength I need

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
more progress:

gusset is made:

i also worked on the clutch cover and made look all nice