Felt MP Into A Limited Speed Motorcycle

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well I finaly Have the Felt MP for my Proto Type that I have been waiting for for nearly two and a half months for it to get here. It is no longer built with aluminum so a Frame tank is out. I will not be proceeding with the build untill after the holidays but the front wheel is off to the bike shop for a drum brake. And if you have not guessed this already this bike will be built with the 4G T Belt Drive that was in my previous videos. Here are a few pic's for now this lighting Kit will not be avalible untill it is proven. Gas powered bicycles are ilegal here in Canada so that is why this Proto Type is going to be a Limited Speed Motorcycle and will be registred licenced and insured. Oh and I forgot the mention This Is My First Build and I will not stop until it is right.

Attachments

Last edited:

Toecutter66

Nov 27, 2009
Potomac Falls VA
I cant wait to see the results. I am currently working on a HT motor in a schwinn Drifter, but I also have a Felt MP, Giant Stiletto and a OCC stingray. Cant decide what to do next but I will watch your progress.

Good luck.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Wow that is a lot of projects must be nice unfortunately money is a hurdle for me so one at a time for me for now good luck with your choice. Cherr's
Terry

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's the one I built, (no in frame tank)
You can still make a steel frame into a 'in frame' tank, but the MP frames have a smaller top tube than some of the other Felt models.
You will also have trouble mounting the sprocket onto the large rear hub.

Good luck with your build, if you have any questions, just ask!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Venice and I did think about doing the top tube for about 10 seconds it might hold about two quarts at best but I found a weld it your self oil tank that is 5 inch diameter with nice rounded cap's and a sweet gas cap for $85 USD it is going to look good and for the sproket I'm going to get a sprocket adapter from the mainiac mecanic with likely get a chain guide from ridley. that is for now when I can afford it I'll get a sick shifter kit as soon as the are available can you tell I have been doing my home work and I can garanty that I read some of this stuff from you thank you and advice is always welcome

Terry

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
I cant wait to see the results. I am currently working on a HT motor in a schwinn Drifter, but I also have a Felt MP, Giant Stiletto and a OCC stingray. Cant decide what to do next but I will watch your progress.

Good luck.
I say you should build out the Stiletto, i have the same bike and motorized it, its a challenge but worth it.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Here's the one I built, (no in frame tank)
You can still make a steel frame into a 'in frame' tank, but the MP frames have a smaller top tube than some of the other Felt models.
You will also have trouble mounting the sprocket onto the large rear hub.

Good luck with your build, if you have any questions, just ask!

Venice,
Can you show some close up pictures of the front and rear mounts...

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Thank you Venice and I did think about doing the top tube for about 10 seconds it might hold about two quarts at best but I found a weld it your self oil tank that is 5 inch diameter with nice rounded cap's and a sweet gas cap for $85 USD it is going to look good and for the sproket I'm going to get a sprocket adapter from the mainiac mecanic with likely get a chain guide from ridley. that is for now when I can afford it I'll get a sick shifter kit as soon as the are available can you tell I have been doing my home work and I can garanty that I read some of this stuff from you thank you and advice is always welcome

Terry
Ya can't go wrong with the ridleys chain tensioner. Those folks at ridleys will give you some tips on building a Felt bike if you asked them. As an FYI...they also have a customized coaster brake arm for $12.00 accurately measured for your shimano hub. My first build is a FELT with all manics and ridleys parts. Good Luck

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I was going to use the chain tentioner from ridley until I found out how much it was $175.00 UDS that is just a little to high for my taste plus the 4G has a 50 tooth rear sprocket I think it will be to close to the tentioner Oh well I will see what I need when I get that far

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
If you chose not to use ridleys tensioner...then do not use a tensioner at all.
Just adjust your chain properly to tension the chains. The china tensioner is by far the worst design I have ever seen. If you choose to use it, you need to drill and screw it to the frame. Drilling a hole on a FELT frame is something I would not do.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Good advise thank you if you have seen my 4G video's you can see that I did not use the tentioner at all I think I will try it that way thanks again

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are some mock-up pictures duct tape helps the imagination LOL and the headlight holder will have most of the white trimmed off and the front rack will be trimmed and reinstalled the front tire will be reinstalled with a disk front brake it turns out to be the most cost effective way to put a brake on the front wheel plus the hub comes all ready painted black to match the hub that was stock still waiting for sprocket & mount and the engine mount will be sand blasted and painted black as well as the Poo poo exhaust pipe fuel tank and the engine side cover will be painted Green to match the bike and that is all I have for now I will up date this as I go and I will have full function video's on completion.
Thank's
Terry
SANY0054[1].jpg

SANY0063[1].jpg

SANY0055[1].jpg

SANY0058[1].jpg

SANY0062[1].jpg

Last edited:

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hi Terry, glad to see your MP project is in the works. I set aside a Sun Atlas to mount my new G4 on a Felt '1903'. It's a challenging build trying to shoehorn it into the Felt. I had to clip the choke arm a bit and made a lever to operate it. I'm pretty impressed w/ the fit and finish of the G4. Hope it runs as good as it looks. Good Luck w/ your build.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well that is great to hear about your project but I am surprized to hear that you are haveing trouble with your fit look at the pic's from the MP and I have a mile of space between the engine and the top tube oh well sounds like you have it covered post some pic's I love the 1903 that is what I wanted to build but the MP has full fenders and that is a have to have so 1903 as much as I LOVE that bike I had to use the MP Cheer's
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well ok I will do a few close up's for you but I have to tell you the 4G has no vibration to speak of but I will get the pic's for you never the less I'm always up for improvement
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are the pic's as you requested Oh and the kit calls for innertube to be wrapped around the frame as a cushion as well.

SANY0067[1].jpg

SANY0070[1].jpg

SANY0071[1].jpg

SANY0072[1].jpg

SANY0075[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are a few of the latest pictures my brother Colin and my self wiring the MP you can always tell how much fun you are having by how big of a mess you make LOL sorry Glenda :0)

SANY0081[1].jpg

SANY0082[1].jpg

SANY0083[1].jpg

On Sunday I will be sand blasting a few of the chrome parts that came with the 4G kit and painting them black so they will soot the bike better. Like the engine mounting plate, the wide pedal arms, and the chain sprocket from the wide crank set plus I will be painting the Poo Poo pipe high temp black as well. And when the sprocket and mount show up that will be painted black.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Latest Pic's

SANY0086.jpg I have sand blasted all the chrome off of these parts they will be painted satan black.

SANY0088.jpg Front wheel is back from the bike shop and looks awsome

SANY0090.jpg I stumbled on to this retro harley headlight I got it for a 15 pack of budwiser
beer LOL you just get lucky once in a while one of these retail is about $230 USD.

SANY0091.jpg This just a compairison shot of the leadlights

SANY0092.jpg This just a compairison shot of the leadlights

Last edited: