Felt MP Into A Limited Speed Motorcycle

GoldenMotor.com

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
defently seal the top tube. The lines look awsome and I think a tank would spoil it. Some saddle bags or ammo cases would look good on the back. When are you going to offer this as a kit? I think you'll have alot of tankers. I really dig the lighting system too.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you MaxPower
I have the entire electrical and lighting kit for sale on my website a bout half the way down the products page http://blowbyumotorizedbicycles.ca/
I can do the top tube any time that is the beauty of the tank I built for it I can take it off the bike any time. I can sell anything needed to build this entire bike. In-fact this is what I have been gearing up for all along only trick is to find customers that can afford to do it.

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
OK so step one is is done the request for a Vehicle Identification Number VIN has been sent in along with my check for 25 dollars. And the repair shop has been notified now ICBC should be sending the VIN plate to the repair shop then they will install the plate. I will let every one know just what happens next

Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi all just a little up date I have arranged a pre inspection with the motorcycle shop. They are going to look over the bike once to make sure it will make it though. I'm taking the bike in on Wednesday hopefully all goes well. I am going to have to wait some time before my sprocket is ready Jim is making me a special sprocket adapter for my hub lets just say he will refuse to make any more because it has to be done hands on custom. So I have gone ahead and done heavy mods to the rag joint sprocket and it will work but I still cant wait for the adapter. I will get some pictures and videos up this week.
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I was able to do some shake down runs around the block and right away I had a few bolts fall out one from the rear fender and one bolt and nut from the spring seat. The Felt MP is about 110 lbs compared to the Raleigh Big Horn witch only weighed 60 lbs you can feel the difference when you take off. But the ride difference makes up for it very smooth, I now find the 50 tooth is just too big for cruising top speed is 30 mph but cruse speed is about 20 mph,I think the 36 tooth I ordered from Jim should make it just about right. The rag joint sprocket is working but is not true so MP is really in need of the sprocket and adapter. I am off to the motorcycle shop Wednesday march 10 2010 for the pre-inspection after that I will post the findings wish me luck.
Terry

Last edited:

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Hey Terry, Good Luck for a hassle free Registration. I think they'll be Blow-n away by your super MB!LOL BTW, my 1903 is nearly done. Started the tank mount yesterday since temps were near 60F* here. Hopefully test ride by wknd. PLEASE keep us informed on how the new sprocket works out. Have really enjoyed this thread. Take care, Mike

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Terry,

I have no doubt that Jim's 36t sprocket & adapter will make this baby scream. I too am looking forward to putting on Jim's setup on my MP. It looks like we will be the luckiest MP owners, since there will be no more setups from Jim for the MP.

Can't wait for you to get your registration. Good luck brother.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Whizzerd have you done any build pics I would love to see them a 1903 was my first choice I settled for the MP only because it came with full fenders of witch is required for registered road use.
Ya 2dawgs I have a ratio calculator and it tells me I'm going to get a top speed of 41 mph so ya it should be fast but best of all it will give me a cruise of around 30 mph just right. And the only thing I am worried about is the tires they are not rated or DOT approved other than that I think it is pretty good if the weather holds out I am going to do a little video tonight Cheers guys
Terry

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
From my experience with 4 strokes, I think a 36T sprocket will be way too small for it.
I'm guessing that a 46 or 48T might be a better choice?

Those gear ratio calculators don't take into account that the engine doesn't have enough power to ever push the bike up to that speed.
*edit* Without a powerful engine, a too small rear sprocket will have the opposite effect on the bikes overall performance & top speed. (unless you only intend to ride down hill.)

Last edited:

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
If they say anything about the tires, remember that Whizzer's tires do not have the DOT stamp on them either, well at least all the whizzer bikes i have looked at. and Whizzer is a federally recognized motorcycle manufacturer.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I really hope that is not an issue but if I have to I found a source for vintage motorcycle tires that are approved but they are $109 each and you have buy tubes as well so I hope they forget to look LOL

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Terry,

Man this is one sweet bike. Just think how much more sweeter it will be with Jim's sprocket & adapter. Great job and good luck on the inspection today.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Ya they where concerned about the lack of a working rear activated brake light. But it was like I told them it has a rear coaster brakes and it would be difficult to get a brake light to work off of that. They where going to check onto weather or not it had to have one or not and call me back on Friday but no call so I am going to call them in just a minute.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Just got off the phone with the motorcycle shop they didn't say anything official but sounds like they are going to insist that it has a rear brake brake light activation system so if that is the case then I think I will install rear disk brakes off of the Maniac Mechanic's rear sprocket if it ever shows up.

Last edited: