Dont trust pirate cycles!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

eternal travler

Jul 13, 2012
USA
About a month ago I bought a 4cycle engine kit from Pirate Cycles. The transmission was defective right out of the box And looked like it was used before I got it. After three weeks of unanswered emails And phone calls they finnaly picked up the phone And all I got was a run around from the owner.

I send the whole thing back to them for a refund but they refuse to give me one. DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP, DONT TRUST PIRATE CYCLES.

I'll be suing pirate cycles to get my money back And I'll do everything I can to run them out of business.

DONT TRUST PIRATE CYCLES !!!!!!

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
About a month ago I bought a 4cycle engine kit from Pirate Cycles. The transmission was defective right out of the box And looked like it was used before I got it. After three weeks of unanswered emails And phone calls they finnaly picked up the phone And all I got was a run around from the owner.

I send the whole thing back to them for a refund but they refuse to give me one. DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP, DONT TRUST PIRATE CYCLES.

I'll be suing pirate cycles to get my money back And I'll do everything I can to run them out of business.

DONT TRUST PIRATE CYCLES !!!!!!
There is a spell check on this forum.....upper right-hand corner when you're posting if i'm not mistaken......

And go easy on Pirates, my great great great grandfather was one, he was not a bad guy once ya got to know him ;)

dnut

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
What kind of kit did you buy? Really doesn't sound like Pirate ethics to me. Did you take pictures the day you opened the box? Did you get an authorization to ship it back? I'm just sayin there is a process not that you did anything wrong. You posted a month ago about getting the kit gotta wonder...plus you had questions later about fabricating motor mounts

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=409227#post409227
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=410378#post410378

If you just shipped the thing back without contacting Pirate I'm sure he will appreciate the spare parts.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
About a month ago I bought a 4cycle engine kit from Pirate Cycles. The transmission was defective right out of the box And looked like it was used before I got it.
Which 4 cycle kit did you get?
This one?
Grubee 4G T Belt Drive Complete Gas Powered Engine Kit (80/10T)
What was defective about the trans?

Did the kit ship directly to you from Pirate Cycles or do they drop ship
from Bicycle-Engines.com?

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Pirate has always been fine when I order from them (fast shipping and extra goodies),,,
they are hard to contact sometimes tho,,,small shops are like that sometimes when it gets busy ;)

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Hey eternal,pirate got your fingers too? Lots of unanswered questions for such outrage.

I bought my 4G kit from pirate and when I called to complain it took a few days before it was answered. However,as soon as I explained my problem,he told me exactly what to do to get a replacement part. Its probably the same part on yours as mine. Just about anyone can tell you what's going out first on the 4G.

I can understand your absolute desire to punch someone in the face after spending a few hundred dollars,but YOU are responsible for reading the return policy and what days & hours they are open.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i agree. i do not think we are hearing the whole story. this is the first time out of many many customers that were always taken care of by pirate that someone has said they were not satisfied. something just doesn't ad up and as i said i don't believe we are hearing the whole story. they are always right on the ball to keep their customers happy. they may be hard to reach sometimes is the only complaint i have ever heard.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
It is pretty understandable to be upset hopefully when the dust clears everyone will be happy. Please keep us informed how it goes we do care especially about someone new to the hobby. One thing to understand is these things are proprietary, they aren't anything you can go to a local hardware store & buy.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Scotto,

We had an English highwayman called Swift Nick in our family. If you google him he was quite a fellow. Seems he got to the end of his rope at Highgate Prison if I remember correctly.

Steve.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
ARRR.. Tis a shame this here thread just now rose from the deep! Talk like a Pirate day is 8 days behind our stern. AArrr... ( cough ) http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html Only problem I ever had with Pirate was difficulty speaking with them on the phone. Everthing I ever ordered from them on about 5 occasions arrived FAST and even had candy in the packing! Pirates handin out candy! Whooda thunk it? Mister 6 posts needs to calm down.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I recently was dissatisfied with a purchase I made with them. For me, it is a simple matter of feeling that what exactly was shown in the picture should have been exactly what I received, and it wasnt. they also did not respond to my email, and its been a week. The other problem was a sarcastic note placed with my order. I guess the fact that I only spent $5 with them made it not worth their time to handle my complaint. I have heard other reports of customer service declining after the company was sold. If thats true, then the guy that you all call Pirate is no longer there, at least not the original Pirate.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I think the buisness may have been taken over by "real" pirates and they're making Justin walk the plank. May need to notify the authorities on this matter.....it just might be a conspiracy! Arrrrgh me hardy......Captain Morgan speaking......shiver me timbers, yo ho hoe, where's the rum?

laff dance1laffzpt

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Bummer if Pirate got sold. Oh well. Justin sure took care of business well I hope he got paid well for his hard work! I did notice they are selling a bunch of other stuff on his site. Kinda curious what sarcastic message was sent with your $5 part BBB.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
If kit buyers complained and sued every time they received something defective with their kit, most places would be afraid to sell kits!

No kit is perfect, many times you have to "wing it" or find a solution to the inevitable problem that pops up with mass-produced and poorly QC'd kit parts.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
eternal,
bear in mind most of these guys with a jillion posts are vendors, and they all stick
up for each other.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I've posted elsewhere on this, sometimes if it's a one man band, and the man is ill, he may not even be around to deal with stuff. What is needed is for someone to take the time to find out what is going on at the shop. Talk to the neighbours, for example?

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Hey Otero,where's your buddy? Doesn't matter if you have 6 post or 6000 poets. If you or anyone else wants to talk sh!t about a vendor that does not even touch the kit of course we all going to take the vendors side. Besides,eternal is a grown man,he can defend himself. Unless you carry his purse,then by all means,scream that pretty throat out boy.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
LOL, yeah, right. :(

Where in heck did you come up with that idea?

Tom
Heh, don't take him serious. He accused me of being affiliated with bicycle-engines.com because I pointed out that he got what he paid for when he claimed he didn't.
It was his own mistake due to lack of research that he refused to take blame for, but he still called for B-E's head on a pike.

I'm all for backing up the little fish in a big pond, but unjust accusations get me all puffed up :D

I'm not taking sides with Pirate Cycles, but seeing more and more complaints about their service just aint good at all.