Dont trust pirate cycles!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Locell,no prob. I'm not saying pirates is on the level,but he sure cried a lot for something that was more than likely his fault.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
Cried alot? dude made one post about it with like 6 sentences. Does not seem like alot to me, unless there is more im not aware of.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I call 'em how I see 'em. 6 or 60 don't matter.

And the fact that he posted once and didn't respond to not one single person? Like I said,crying.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
Sorry, I just dont see that he "sure cried a lot".

The fact that he posted without a single response does impart some credibility issues on his part. I always like to hear about how people feel about vendors. It's pretty easy to see through the "astroturfing" if you are aware of it.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
ya OP is probally not going to update this, maybe like d gizzle was sayin, more than likely his fault.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Ok so here is the thing I am a 4G T Belt dealer and if you had done some home work reserching the engine kit you would have know the 4G is defective right out of the box.

First problem is the free wheel or sprag bearing in the 80 tooth is defective, even if you order a new one or get a warranty replacement you will have the same problem over and over.
That bearing needs to be welded so it will not free wheel any more then you will no longer have the problem.

4G is far from problem free even after you fix that problem you will have more problems with all the chinese parts in there, it is a wonder it wioks at all.
You get what you pay for but you can always up grade everything bearings, cover brackets, belt cover and so much more.

Lastly I know Justin at pirates well and he will do what it takes to make you happy this I know if not then something bad has happended to him.

If you want a quality kit contact me and I will help you get the good stuff.
Cheers
Terry

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
cut a guy some slack, the owner of piratecycles is running it byhim self, serving the motorbike community as best he can. if he gets swamped with orders or comes under the weather and gets sick, of course hes not going to answer the phone or respond to all the emails. that said ive always had good luck with piratecycles.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have worked in places of business that the phone rang all day. every customer had to be treated with great patience and respect. They had to hire help just to talk jive with folks that would have other wise wasted our entire day.

There was this old lady that we were working on here car she was calling like every ten fifteen minutes. God bless that sweet old women. It finally came to a head my boss was one of the most patient folks I had ever met. He very kindly not mean at all told her that we never got to work on here car as we were talking to here the whole time we had it.

I have to imagine how that phone must ring. Also how many dreamers call with a lot of loaded questions that don't even buy anything and take up to much time in general. This no doubt happens to all the venders at some point.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I have worked in places of business that the phone rang all day. every customer had to be treated with great patience and respect. They had to hire help just to talk jive with folks that would have other wise wasted our entire day.

There was this old lady that we were working on here car she was calling like every ten fifteen minutes. God bless that sweet old women. It finally came to a head my boss was one of the most patient folks I had ever met. He very kindly not mean at all told her that we never got to work on here car as we were talking to here the whole time we had it.

I have to imagine how that phone must ring. Also how many dreamers call with a lot of loaded questions that don't even buy anything and take up to much time in general. This no doubt happens to all the venders at some point.
You are spot on with that one, I get calls at 4 and 5 am in the morning from people that wanna talk for an hour or more drives my wife Glenda nuts :p

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I can still hear it now. Well my computer worked before I brought it here! Really? Why did you bring it here then? Rumors are like Pidgons, lot's of them, and they get bigger every day. :)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
We had a funny service writer at one shop . Customer say's call me a Taxi Cab. So the service writer said your a Taxi Cab:)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i posted this somewhere else, but remember the old days of mail order?

you had to buy a magazine, read an ad for something you wanted, then use those outrageous long distance charges on your land line to hopefully talk to someone about something you think you need.

then, he sends you a catalog, and you spend a while going over that, wondering if this part fits or if that part fits, and do you really need it instead of toilet paper and cat food?

finally, you bite the bullet, and mail a check.

a week later the guy gets the check, deposits it a few days later, then you both wait another week for it to clear.

check cleared (and your cat has been eating flies and wood chips, and you've been wiping your ass with newspaper, 'cause you can't spend any money till that check clears) and the guy starts putting together your order.

and mails it a week later.

since you're on one coast and the guy is fighting a freak ice storm that just socked everyone in and caused a statewide power outage, it takes a little while to get to th post office.

meanwhile, you've called him 8 times, and he called you back (at 3:30am, since it's two different time zones) and now you're pretty sure your stuff is on the way.

but there;s no tracking system, so all you've got to go on is the guy said "yeah, i freakin' mailed it on friday! i told you that 8 times already!"

monday was a holiday.

then one day, you come home from work and there's a battered box sitting on your porch where anyone who walked by could steal it, but they didn't. so you open it up like a 4 year old on christmas getting his forst tyco car set, and you're stoked, go out to your car, or your bike, or your boat, or whatever it is you're going to be working on (after you fed the cat and wiped with charmin,) and start laying out all the parts, AND THE FREAKIN' HEAD BOLTS ARE THE WRONG SIZE!

more phone calls, and the guy treats you right, gets you the bolts lickety-split, and you're happy.

but you never once tell your friends about the good customer service, you don't have anyone to complain too (except the cat, who's not listening,) and it's really just mail order business as usual.

now, UPS drives past your house on the day your computer says it shoulda stopped, and you're all over the internet, telling your invisible pen-pals how much some company sucks.

i hope the zombie apocalypse starts soon.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Lighten up, Terry,
You can't expect a newbie to know 4G is trash. They are yet naive,
thinking that all vendors are trustworthy business men. I'm really
sick of vendors with hundreds of builds telling the rest of us how
stupid we are when things go wrong. I know you're not one, but
there are some shameless ripoff artists out there.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i ordered a part from a guy on the internet for my 1947 southbend lathe.
says he can make the part and send it to me for 35.00.
i send him 40 us and say thanks.
just under a month later it shows up.brand spankin new part threads on perfectly.
too bad i didnt mention the taper accessory it has.part wont work.but wait!
i have a lathe,chucked it up,machined and threaded it to fit and all is well.

i couldnt make the whole part as i do not have the tooling to make an acme thread..

regardless how good the service is,usually nobody says great service,and thanks.
leave one washer out of an order and the whole world falls apart.and the supplier is is always to blame (even when the washer is caught under the flap in the bottom of the box)

it pays to do your research in products and in suppliers.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Lighten up, Terry,
You can't expect a newbie to know 4G is trash. They are yet naive,
thinking that all vendors are trustworthy business men. I'm really
sick of vendors with hundreds of builds telling the rest of us how
stupid we are when things go wrong. I know you're not one, but
there are some shameless ripoff artists out there.
Well, I don't consider the 4G trash. Mine had clutch and drum problems early on, but after replacing them, it's been great. I like my 4G and would take it over any other gearbox. It outperforms a Q-matic, it's cheaper than a Q-matic (even with SBP kit added), and it sure as heck looks better than a Q-matic.

But then, mine isn't the freewheel pulley model. It seems most the vendors have bought the craptastic freewheel pulley models instead of the solid pulley versions.
I hope the next shipment of 4Gs are the good ones.