Denver Area Ride III

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm in the process of switching everything to the mountain bike, and I just landed a bid job for this Saturday from 10-3. I don't think that this week is gonna wok out my friend.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Things are iffy for me at this point. I can't commit until I see how things are going.
I still haven't called Ted to tell him he now has a motorbike. I've been working on it but I've had other things to do so it hasn't been a priority.
Maybe weekend after next will be better.
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Do what you got to do Tom, there will be more rides; just stay in touch. I'll be inactive for about 3 weeks, week of June 20th - week of July 7th. I'm on Red alert waiting for my third kid to be born :)

But we got a whole summer ahead of us...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Frank,
Keep us all informed on that new delivery; when, weight, sex, you know, all those things, especially the wives will ask about.
We have all summer and fall to ride. Hey, Fall, can you picture those trails we do with the turning leaves? Awsome!
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i got my .065 jet today from duane ....30mph uphill on the stock chrome pipe...270ish at the exhaust port....when it cools down im putting the chamber back on........ i always have to choose the motors that the locals dont run lol....but i think its just about right

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
I'm good; just had my hands full rebuilding/repairing 2 bikes, yard work and other chores.
But.....what about that baby? We haven't heard a darn thing yet. :)
Keep us informed.
Tom
if you want same help with the bikes you can always hit me up...good excuse to go for a ride lol

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Just the same ole same ole.
George,

When you were out here last, you mentioned loaning parts. With the ride coming up this weekend and "Will" still out of commission. I was wondering if you would still lend the parts (CDI/ Magneto) until he gets his from Duane?

Please let me know when you get this or I'll call you later in the week.

Thanks

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
We will be riding this Saturday, same time, same place. Even if it's just a few of us. Like Tom said, we have all summer and fall to ride for those that can't make it this weekend.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey Denver guys.
Just found a local supplier for everything bicycle.
All of the local bike shops order from them and there's warehouse right here in Denver. Usually one day delivery on parts. I just got a banana seat for one of my Jaguars. Ordered it yesterday, got it today.
Check out > http://www.jbimporters.com/web/
Then go to your local bike shop and tell them to get it for you. I deal with Big Kahuna Bicycles because he's a neighbor but every bike shop in Denver deals with JB Importers.
It might save you some shipping $ to see what they have available.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
yep.... foothills cycle in arvada is very mb freindly...and is a j&b shop, im wrenching their part time now too....happened today not trying to drum up business lol...but yeah j&b....just fyi....shipping on somestuff has been slow...their inventory numbers are off a tiny bit...i had to have a few things sent in from texas that was supposed to be local....other then that they are awesome....

As for the ride: prob not dave this time...he rode his MaB as instructed not to do...with shorts...fell at low speed without the motor on...but we had been mashing uphill shortly before hand.....burnt his leg pretty good....he is generally ok...just not sure if he is gonna be up for sat or not...i am regardless lol

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Van,
I'm assuming that sprocket is going on a disc brake hub? That's a nice job of cutting.

I'm having some family issues. My father-in-law, 87, is having some mobility problems and I'm going out to their place to try to come up with a wheelchair ramp thing so he can get his elecrtic wheelchair outside. There's a 3 1/2" drop from their back porch to the concrete slab; too much for a wheel chair. (It should have come with treads instead of wheels) :)

I hope you guys have a great ride. Watch out for afternoon thunder storms.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i made the inside cut just a hair bigger after that and then sanded all the edges etc to make it all nice....yes it is cut out for a diskbrake hub....thanks for the compliments guys....tools used hand drill 2 drill bits 3 files and a dremel....went through about 6 sanding drums too lol....worth it...went on really smooth....spins really straight

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Van,
To eliminate the metal to metal contact on the back side of the sprocket, I used a big fat 'O' ring between the sprocket and hub on the Norton Jag. Just a suggestion.
I really want to see yours in action and what you do on the outside of the sprocket. It looks great. :)
Tom

Last edited: