Denver Area Ride III

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
UPDATE FOR SATURDAY JUNE 18TH @ 11 A.M. BERKELEY PARK REC. CENTER. PLEASE POST YOUR CONFIRMATION IF YOU WILL BE THERE!

Attention Colorado riders, that time of month will soon be here again. Same central meeting point last time(safe parking & easy to find). Meet and greet, cruise, lunch, and more cruisin'. So get your bikes in tune and get ready for scenic trails and some smooth roads. Everyone is welcome again... Let me know what you guys think or if is too soon. Bring your camera's...

.we. r.ly. dnut

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I got the studs removed and everything is back to normal. The cruise for this weekend is officially on my friends...

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
im so all over it...scored a nice novara with full disks and stuff today at the pawn shop for 80...fork will be in on wed....the new pipe is omg awesome...but loud........full fenders loudpipe and disk brakes on the front now....im sooo ready

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
im so all over it...scored a nice novara with full disks and stuff today at the pawn shop for 80...fork will be in on wed....the new pipe is omg awesome...but loud........full fenders loudpipe and disk brakes on the front now....im sooo ready
Sounds good, I wanna see...

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
you will,,,i stripped the novara for parts lol...sealed bearing disk wheels with hayes cable act disks.....just have to get a top hat and sprocket now......i was gonna use the novara frame because its 1 1/8...but no vbrake mounts and limited to a 1.95 tire max...it will be my brakeless town bike

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm going to have to say no to this Saturday. My wife is having some minor surgery Friday and I probably need to stay home with her. It's nothing serious but I feel I need to be here with her. That's just being a good husband :)

That gives me a little more time to finish up a few things on Ted's bike too. The clutch was slipping a little on starts so I pulled it apart and cleaned the pucks and pressure plate. Lots of grease in there. It's good to go now but I'd like it to be complete before I turn it over to Ted.

Keep me in mind for the next one guys and enjoy Saturday. Ride careful and have fun. Take lots of pictures.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
that sucks that you arent gonna come tom...but its a good i dea to stay home for your wife right on....on to other things...i got my carb installed...hat to rip the filter in half and make a new element...oh well it works though ...looks like i have to jet it to the 70 lol....my little motor dosent need the 75 apparently...dunno gotta swap it out...it was faster with a nt and stock jet....so it must be jetted to big.....had to turn the idel set screw in pretty far too...me thinks too rich....ok so after taking the carb apart to swap jets i found the jet was loose in the body...not more then a 1/4 turn but still makes me wonder if it was a factor in the non gain?

edit again.... 70 works the best for my 48 still...dnut

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Tom,

Best regards for your wife's situation. That sucks that you'll not be attending this one, however, I understand. My 3rd baby will be born here towards the end of the month, so we're on alert. Having said that, I might miss a cruise or two early July.

But for the rest of us, everything is still a go for this weekend.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Now I'm not going to be able to attend the ride for tomorrow. I was going to the store and my left rear motor mount broke this time. 1st the right rear, now the left rear. I already tried to fix it but it is in there good and is not backing out. I'm so pissed, I still got all day to figure it out... i'll keep you posted, but as of now, I won't be there tomorrow

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
How many were committed?
Maybe we should reschedule for later this month? Just a thought.
If I can be of any help, Frank, let me know.
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
How many were committed?
Maybe we should reschedule for later this month? Just a thought.
If I can be of any help, Frank, let me know.
Tom
I don't know how many were committed?? With everything that happened this week, I think tomorrow would have only had 3 riders. So I'm going to reschedule for a later date.

I don't know what to do now, other than weld the rear mounting point to the frame or buy a motor. I don't have welding equipment and I know nothing in the auto store is going to work.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
What was I thinking earlier? I can't weld the motor to the frame, that will cause a number of problems that I don't want. I think I'm gonna have to buy a motor by-itself and replace this p.o.s.
:-||

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
Well ..... the curse of trying to ride to Denver continues. As I was pulling out to head to Denver this afternoon, my shifter cable snapped sending my SA XRD8 from 2nd to 8th gear and fracturing my hub shell. Is going to be a while until I am able to ride to Denver.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It's looking like this Saturday was a meant to be a 'not be'. Let's all try for another date.
Let me know if I can help anyone with a problem.
Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
f-rod, I know a good welder that can weld anything and he is very reasonably priced and would be cheaper than a new engine.

Tom, good luck with your wife's surgery.

I have my first dental appointment in 2 years tomorrow...wife is dragging me to the dentist or I would have signed up for the ride.