Denver area ride II

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Yea.. Sorry I lost you guys.. Did Tom and Ed ever hook back up? Once we lost radio contact, I decided it was time for me to head back home anyway. I went west into Golden, and then south to Bandimere and to Columbine. In all,I racked up about 60 miles. It was fun for sure. Good company, good lunch, good beer, good fun.. Thanks again.. Sincerely. Duane..

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
yeah we all got back together and headed up to the arvada resevoir down the fairmont trail..down ralston creek back to the park...common number was 67 for the ride from the park...glad you made it home with no issues duane...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That, was a ride to remember. Scenery that people move to Colorado for. That one climb with the multiple switch-backs to the top was amazing. Then the view from up there, Wow.
Thanks guys for having me and my buddy Ted along. Really enjoyed the day.
I'll look through my pictures tomorrow and post a few. Right now, I'm going to bed.
Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I'm bummed, I wish I could have been there....spent several hours replacing a fuel rail on my Jeep. Did you guys stop at the same place for lunch as the last ride?

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
We Ate at a place called Smash Burgers.. They are good burgers and I love that they serve real beer too. Yummy for sure. Also.. The Double Jump and blast through a chunk of the river was intresting.. I could only manage a Wheelie half way across so when my front wheel did come down, it was a drencher. It felt pretty good. I was dry by the time we made it to Smash Burgers and Beer. Someone did mention that it was dry bed the last time they came through there.. Wet and all. It was a lot of fun.. I was glad to see everyone made it over the double jump and through the river in good order.. It was a hoot !! All the bikes took a licking and kept on ticking !!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
That, was a ride to remember. Scenery that people move to Colorado for. That one climb with the multiple switch-backs to the top was amazing. Then the view from up there, Wow.
Thanks guys for having me and my buddy Ted along. Really enjoyed the day.
I'll look through my pictures tomorrow and post a few. Right now, I'm going to bed.
Tom

I'm still thinking about that part of the trail. The switch-backs and back to back reservoirs was real sweet. I'm gonna load some pics soon. Tom, tell Ted he is welcome to come anytime...

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Smash burger definitely has quality food, the bottled beer was almost $4 a lid.

Yeah Duane, I was not expecting that water run-up after the double humps, Will and I we're going for air off the second hump and had to slam on the brakes immediately after landing. I didn't get too wet

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Duane and others,
What trails did the group ride? It sounded like a lot of fun and I may go up to Denver grab my brother in law and do the same ride later this month.

Did the group have any issues with spandexers or pedestrians?
No issues with the skinnies or walkers... However we did see a biker on a vintage big wheel bike, he had the suite on from that era and everything. I was unable to get a picture.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I edited this picture to look like a painting, kinda.

Great ride everyone, I didn't like that my tank was leaky in the beginning, but we got to do that again soon r.ly.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
wasnt it raston-clearcreek-fairmont-raslton?...i may be missing something
Clear Creek to McIntyre st. -

McIntyre st. to W 64th Ave. -

W 64th Ave all the way around the Reservoir to the Fairmont Trail -

Fairmont Trail turns into the Ralston Creek trail and from there back to the Clear Creek. 68 miles est. total

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Great photos, Frank.

Here's a couple of mine.
I wish I'd had my camera out for the guy on the big wheel. That was cool.
None of us got a picture of the switch-back trail from the bottom. Too bad, maybe next time.
Looking forward to the Denver Ride III. Maybe toward the end of June?
Tom

Attachments

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I already want to go on another cruise.

Let me know when is good to meet up again, instead of only once a month it would be nice if we could do something like this twice a month. I have my third kid being born towards the end of June; so I gotta get a lot of riding in before then.