Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I bought a puch 70cc Hi Hi comp head for this build, kinda under the impression that puch just made mopeds but not really knowing that Puch has been around for 103 yrs first with bicycles and then motorcycles WOW! learn something every day, here is a pic of the quality & detailed work they have been putting out for over centry

Attachments

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
just a little Eye candy for ya...

1910 Winchester belt drive – this was one of the 200 bikes commissioned the the Winchester Rifle Company to be built by the Merry Company between 1909 and 1911. This restored bike is thought to be the only one in existence by the owner.

1910 Harley-Davidson 6A
This was the bike, a simple single-cylinder, 494 cc inlet over exhaust engine that produced six and half horsepower.

http://myclassicmotorcycle.blogspot.com/2011/05/1910-harley-davidson-silent-gray-fellow.html

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks !
The Winchester is looking kinda like the bikes Big Boy puts out and of course I'd never be able to afford the Harley but Timeless would be a start for under $10,000.oo

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Wouldn't it be cool if they made another movie kinda like Back to the future only about a young guy who built a boardie and his first ride took him back to the tracks in 1910, that would be cool !!then the hole world would get to experience the invention and evolution of the motorcycle.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Amazing that these 500cc & 1000cc bikes of old didn't put out any real HP, a PK 68.5/80cc puts out 3.5 HP and with the mods I'm doing I will barely tip 5 HP I'm sure that gearing has a lot to do with it as well as boring,porting,valves,carbs amazing that a 50cc Morini can give you 9 HP.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well I've ordered the Dellorto Sha 15.15mm card from treatland, the info given was that it would fit a larger 19mm intake and comes with a 1.5 shim, I'm really hoping so!,my intake is from Sportsman Flyer and is 19mm od.
Finally got my bearing shipped on 6-11-12 but it still hasn't gotten here yet so hopefully I can get back to work and post some progress

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Boy looking at some of these new post's is amazing !! and the things that are being done to these bikes WOW! mind blowing, the designs,manchanics,engineering and technologies that are going into these bikes that are 50 yrs + old and what about the new ones we try to make old, all that is envolved with putting these bikes together, most often in a garage or even in the kitchen on the dinning rm table, all the hours consumed with a build, the last thought before we crash out for the night.
My hats off to all!!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Amazing that these 500cc & 1000cc bikes of old didn't put out any real HP, a PK 68.5/80cc puts out 3.5 HP and with the mods I'm doing I will barely tip 5 HP I'm sure that gearing has a lot to do with it as well as boring,porting,valves,carbs amazing that a 50cc Morini can give you 9 HP.
They might of had only 3.5 hp but the size of the piston and the stroke made some awesome torque. Hp was kind of rated different back then it was a true 3.5 seems today it rated at higher rpm's along with the torque..........Curt

PS one awesome build you are doing

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just finished painting my 2nd engine after dropping the first, stripped, sanded all the defects and blemishes re-painted with disk brake caliper paint(chemical resistant & heat resistant up to 900*F 482*C) looks good will post some before and after pic's later gotta go somewhere right now just thought I'd post something while waiting on the Ol "Lady to get done

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi .. From what I can remember as a kid from the early 40's they use to rate engines HP at idle....so a V twin might be rated @ 5 hp but it would easy develop 30 to 40 hp at 3500 rpm.......DD

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Just finished painting my 2nd engine after dropping the first, stripped, sanded all the defects and blemishes re-painted with disk brake caliper paint(chemical resistant & heat resistant up to 900*F 482*C) looks good will post some before and after pic's later gotta go somewhere right now just thought I'd post something while waiting on the Ol "Lady to get done
Where did you get the paint?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I bought the paint at Auto Zone it is VHT( brand )Caliper Paint $6.99 + tx $7.49 ? so far I like it, dry's relitively fast, hard as well, nice semi dull aluminum in color, added some chrome covers with black allen wrench type bolts and it gave the engine a nice clean look without overly doing it up,the piston cylinder is black, head is natural aluminum, dellorto carb is blk & slvr so once I get it all together it should look pretty good!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well here is a little mock up after paint, first 2 are of engine stripped,sanded & polished, a few red parts to accent the bike and paint scheme, nothing is bolted down the Puch head is un-touched as far as paint and you really can't tell from the painted engine case and I gotta figure out how to get this Dellorto carb attached as the 1.5 schim will not allow the intake manifold tube to marry with it.
I also ran across some material for the head gasket (aluminum) it is half the thickness of the regular gasket just incase I have to shim the head up?

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'm so stuck on looking at it I don't know if I'll run it or not? (LOL) I'd better run it there is about $300.oo invested in the engine alone, the initial cost and all the components.
I still have to get the Jaguar ignition system, plug,wire and cap, performance exhaust,cables, throttle assembly, speedo, 30/32t peddle sprocket, clutch lever.
Very seldom do I use anything that comes in the kit however I will use the steel cable only with new housing and I even make my own gaskets.
And yes biknut it does have the wider mount but as you can see I have motor mounts fabbed into the frame I will use some colored 1/16" craft rubber to put in between the mounts and engine sorta like a shock and vibe dampner.
Thanks! for the compliments guys.

Last edited: