Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Looking good Trukd...... it sucks about your parts being held up though. Id be itching to ride her. Hopefully you have her ready for that car show.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thanks! Harry..
I wish there were an international law that prohibits a mfg from selling something they Don't have in stock or, they are playing with our money and all the while we waite for the
part(s)
I have done a fair amount of work to this lil Chinee engine and would like to put it back to gether, still got lots of work to do and I'm trying to figure out how to fab a faux exposed push rod hooked up to the puch head, got a few idea's, we'll see.
Thanks! again for the good words, and hey you know that Dan at Taylar bikes can also make those custom BTR frames even for motorcycles as that is what he did before the M/B's, shipping would probably cost a little more then you would want but you'd get the bomb frame authentic and preiod correct

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well I'm going to paint the engine tomorrow, aluminum silver after stripping off the old crap laquer, thought about 2-tone red & silver we'll see what I can get away with as the red isn't quite like the red color of the bike but it would be far enough away from the frame that you might note notice. ???

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Those grips are looking mighty good!! cut the grip gaurd off and that would be pretty period to what they used. thanks! I'll be check'n em out, but still on the look out for coke bottle as well.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Those grips are looking mighty good!! cut the grip gaurd off and that would be pretty period to what they used. thanks! I'll be check'n em out, but still on the look out for coke bottle as well.
You know those are just white titty grips, right?

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Now this is what I call racing, "BALLS OUT!" think you can handle this Harry?
There were not enough expletives and euphemisms to describe that photograph. And, somehow, I don't think it's Photoshopped. There were enough crazy people back then willing to try something like this.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Crazy enough to put an engine in a bicycle then race it, I ran across a clip of a board track race where they would acually be kicking each other as they pasted, I've not been able to locate it and it's been a long while since I've seen it, but man they were CRAZY!!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Here are a couple of pic's just because I don't have new post's of my Indian so I'll show Ya'all a couple of pic's of my Dads, he is a Native American Creet Indian so Indian Motorcycles run in the blood, this is a 2003 Indian Road Master Deluxe, less then 3,000 miles on it he only rides it to the mail box and back (3miles one way) the top veiw of the tank believe it or not is all silver on top of leather.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Nothing going on with the Indian this week,still waiting on parts and I'm really not a patient guy especially when I spend my money on parts and have to waite more then a week to get what I paid for, so not a happy camper today!!
Sorry! I have nothing to post guys

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
No big progress today but I did get the engine painted an Aluminum color ( heat resistant)and decided to paint the clutch arm red, I figure that if there is something not so atractive go ahead and detail it out and let it stand out. may not look like a lot of work but this little warior was stripped ,cleaned of blemishes hand sanded, all new gaskets will be made of quality matterial and bolts changed to hardened hex Allen bolts including Head Bolts with hardened lock washers as well. I will replace the Magneto,Clutch and Clutch arm covers with Chrome covers as the Indians were full of Nickel Plating and Polished Aluminum.
I wish I could afford this Big Warior.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Today was 105 degres so early this morning I decided to clear coat the engine and take advantage of the free bake and cure, hung the engine on a thick wire , mowed my back lawn and then decided that it was time to get to work on the engine, I grabed the wire and bruned the SH%*^#TT !! outta my hand, well unfortunately I dropped the engine and chipped the corner of the front (r) mount, didn't hurt the engine but for what the engine is going into I can't have it, fortunately! I have another new engine and PK80's are hard to come by in Cali so I will will use some nylon twine to hang this engine.
Man I had it look'n good too!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Talked to the order clerk at BearingsDirect and he told me that the caged needle roller bearing got in yesterday and he'd mail it out to me today,yha right we'll see, I can't waite to get this engine put back together.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Talked to the order clerk at BearingsDirect and he told me that the caged needle roller bearing got in yesterday and he'd mail it out to me today,yha right we'll see, I can't waite to get this engine put back together.
Waiting for parts on order tests a MB mans soul, and motorcycles same thing.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I was thinking today (another 105 degree day) if that bearing had gotten here earlier I'd have never burnt my hand and dropped the 1st engine, worked all day on the new one, breaking it down and cleaning up all the casting blemishes.
Yha it does test a man!!