Bairdco Racing Series Begins, March 17th in Riverside, CA!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
norm, i'll call you wednesday. i'm working nights in lancaster till then.

thanks for your support and some prizes!

so far, we've got prizes coming from AGK, Piston Bikes, Sportscarpat, Venice bikes, and myself. should be some awesome stuff for the winners, as well as some prizes for crashers, exploding bikes, and whatever else i can think of...:)

also, there's gonna be a best in show contest, and if anyone's got parts they wanna sell, bring 'em down.

it's not just about the races, it's got something for everyone!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
700' stretch, 14 turns with banked corners...wow Adams is one cool track and a challenge to pick the right gearing.

Man I can't wait for some fun on the track!

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i've been trying to get out there to pre-ride it, but every day i have free, they're too busy.

i'd like to be able to report back with gearing suggestions, etc, but it looks like it'll be a new, unknown track for everyone.

except for magrider. he's raced karts on it before. seems like he's always one step ahead...;)

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Hey anybody out there number #14? I'm sorta #114 but really, 14 would be better!

Man, all you have to do is study the track from Google Earth. Measure it with tool: ruler: path: and compare that with another track you are have run before. Be the bike, be the bike...

I'm suspious that gearing for top speed doesn't yield the fastest times. Plus, good 'ole Bairdco is giving the 'speed' classification a whirl. So gear low low.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
It's official I have the day off from work and will be there to race!! Are we using the same numbers as of last year? I'll have #32 on the HF 6.5 hp 4-banger.
How do we pay for the race - paypal, check, or pay at the gate?

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
it's gonna be pay at the gate. cash. i was gonna set something up online, but there's just not enough time.

next race i'll have a pre-pay set-up, and no extra fee if you want to pay at the gate.

i don't have a list of everyone coming, so you can use your old numbers, and new racers can pick, or be assigned numbers that aren't being used. shouldn't be a problem.

if you guys want to confirm your attendance and your number, email me at [email protected] and i'll post up a list.

put your real name, your forum name, number, and bike class in the email.

thanks, and see you st. paddy's day!

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i started a list of confirmed racers and number chart on page one.

i'm thinking of adding another class, for bikes faster than the modified 2 strokes but slower than the unlimited racers.

it ultimately depends on rider turn-out.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Baird...

I will use my old numbers

I will have:

2- 6.5 clone bikes
2-66cc bikes
1-5hp four stroke that does 44.91 mph top speed

I would like to just swap the number plates if possible since it will be only 2 riders in different classes. Will this work?

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
they never asked me for a description for their schedule. i'll have to get on that and get it changed. thanks for finding that dave. something tells me you're on their site a lot, studying that track...;)

i'm gonna have a prize for "best of show" bike and "best looking race bike" so if anyone has non-race bikes they just wanna show off, bring 'em down!

i might have some more categories, like worst rat bike, etc...:)

the prizes aren't gonna be expensive, so there's no entry fees for the bike show, and even if you're not racing, as long as you pay the 5 buck pit pass, you can enter your bike.

Last edited:

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
NOTICE! PIT PASS PRICE CHANGE!
pit pass is FREE to all racers and ONE guest per racer.
more than one guest, $5 flat fee per group, within reason. (i have to pay a "wristband" fee, so if you come down with 20 people who aren't racing, you gotta kick down some money if you want them all in your pits.