40mph speed secrets revealed

GoldenMotor.com

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
downhill doesn't count to me. i can get a non-motorized bike 50mph downhill. i bet if i mounted a 20lb engine in it and didn't even turn it on, the weight alone would get me another 10mph.
I would like to see that. get a vid. that can get you in the Guinness book. Good luck with your efforts

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
down hill counts. gravity is my Allie. how fast can you get a china girl get going? we know how fast you can go stock. 17mph to 32mph. I spent over $2000 dollars in the last month to push my china girl to the limit. just to brag on this site. this site is more than half of the gas bike hobby to me. so I'm sorry if you don't believe. but i will prove in good time. i just got a new stop watch and a measure wheel i will mark a 1/4 distance and video tape the trap speed . that will have to do for now. when i get the new motor back from the shop. i will document photo and video that run as well. a lot more to come.
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_1379f6574879471d88b168ccb15c70fd.jpg
This is an old photo new photos to come
OK... now ride it back up that hill, add that top speed to your down hill speed & divide by two!!!

Now tell us how fast it is? ;)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
In March of 1998 when Christian Taillefer of France headed down a Glacier at the Speed Ski Slope in Vars, France, he maintained control of all of his wheels on this icy slope while setting a new speed record of 132 mph.

couldn't find a video, but here's one of Marcus Stoeckl doing 130mph. YouTube - Mountain Bike Reaches Speed of 130.7 mph - VOA Story

so i figure if he got a basket in the front, and carried my old 66cc grubee in it...

I'M DONE. I'D RATHER SEE WHAT FOUREASY'S GONNA MAKE NEXT.

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
OK... now ride it back up that hill, add that top speed to your down hill speed & divide by two!!!

Now tell us how fast it is?
Ill do just that now you got me interested. this weekend. thanks for the inspiration.

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
In March of 1998 when Christian Taillefer of France headed down a Glacier at the Speed Ski Slope in Vars, France, he maintained control of all of his wheels on this icy slope while setting a new speed record of 132 mph.

couldn't find a video, but here's one of Marcus Stoeckl doing 130mph. YouTube - Mountain Bike Reaches Speed of 130.7 mph - VOA Story

so i figure if he got a basket in the front, and carried my old 66cc grubee in it...

I'M DONE. I'D RATHER SEE WHAT FOUREASY'S GONNA MAKE NEXT.[/QUOTEthe hill that I do my speed runs on is not a glacier nor a mountain it is a gentile down grade about 3/4 of a mile long. if i peddle down it as fast as i can and i have done this several times. i can reach a speed of 30mph. so the motor is pulling me 32mph faster not to mention the added aerodynamic drag .last Sunday a smashed the 62mph it is now 66.9 and the new 22 tooth may smash that speed. Im not giving you a hard time. I like comments. and i like the disbelief. so i hope you can enjoy the show to come. and if i wreck at that speed. you can say i know that idiot LOL so piece brother

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
heres what i did this afternoon. this is my lead in pipe which has a continuous 2deg taper. 21 pieces so far

Last edited by a moderator:

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
i got a little excited yesterday when i was assembling my cones and ended up having to work backwards a little. anyways, the first 21 cones are all a 2deg taper starting at 1.125 and ending up at 1.5 . the last three cones are the beginning of the 6deg taper, which will continue foreward and make a 180deg bend around the spark plug and run backwards along the right side of the bike. as far as the chamber and the baffle cone is concerned, a have absolutely no idea how i will fit it all in there.

scott83

Oct 23, 2009
Indiana
yes, everything is backwards here
Looks to me like you could pop youre tacks apart at the 9th 10th or 11th joint from the top on youre picture and spin the top piece 180 or there abouts and get an s shape with slightly up level or slightly down angles....pretty sure 180 out of the port another 180 around the head is 360 in bends and a NO NO ...at least in HVAC work... just an opinion....and thanks for the info on the tapered cone layout prog. 18+ yrs a sheetmetalworker..... so i could lay them out.... but why with this program!!!

Last edited:

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
why didnt you just make it a basic tuned pipe without the curves?? you know straight out the back? (with the exception of the seattube) i think it would look pretty tight with a stinger pointing out the back )

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Foureasy,

That's a great engine... but the fins are facing upwards, should'nt it be sideways? or you're planning to water cool it?