40mph speed secrets revealed

GoldenMotor.com

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
this might start something.

i had to make this cylinder spacer 7mm thick, and had to match port the transfers to the cases. i was a little worried at first because i decided to run the cylinder backwards, (carb in front because of intake obstructions), and the ports were offset to opposite sides of the motor from each other. by the time i finished i was very satisfied with the way they turned out, very smooth transitions.

i put this sucker on with hondabond, so its basically just an extension of the case now.

i cant wait to build this pipe, i will have batteries for my camera.

just picked this mikuni up today from a buddy, it came with an intake, phenolic spacer, and a k&n filter for 20 bucks. it's perfectly huge

for those out there who are curious, stock cylinder timing with this particular stroke, is 176 on the exhaust and 136 on the transfers. i was very worried that, with the increased stroke my timing would be too high for a fixed gear, but it wasn't and i am happy.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
i turned the cylinder around so i could make **** fit, then my buddy from racers edge az told me about crankenstein, ha!

foximus i dont know what happened to your post but, no one i know has a 15mm hone, and since we all know i wont be buying any machine shop tools at retail, it got bushed. if it makes you feel any better, i have 3 american made 12x15x13 bearings that came in on monday sitting on the shelf. actually that probably doesn't make you feel any better.

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
i spent this afternoon designing the pipe for my new 79cc motor. once i got all my dimensions figured out, (i should have paid more attention in trig) i started entering them into this FREE cone layout program Cone Layout - Product for the lead in pipe, which happens to be 10.75 inches long with 2 degrees of taper. i have no pictures, but if you can picture 21 half inch long cones making a 180 deg sweep you're close

markeatmark

Jun 17, 2009
jacksonville NC
down hill counts. gravity is my Allie. how fast can you get a china girl get going? we know how fast you can go stock. 17mph to 32mph. I spent over $2000 dollars in the last month to push my china girl to the limit. just to brag on this site. this site is more than half of the gas bike hobby to me. so I'm sorry if you don't believe. but i will prove in good time. i just got a new stop watch and a measure wheel i will mark a 1/4 distance and video tape the trap speed . that will have to do for now. when i get the new motor back from the shop. i will document photo and video that run as well. a lot more to come.
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/109/l_1379f6574879471d88b168ccb15c70fd.jpg
This is an old photo new photos to come

Last edited: