Micargi Puma with twin 97cc flat top lifan's

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
02-23-2013, 07:51 PM <=== time stamp on build.... I had no idea it been this long. I am sorry for this, had I known I would not have started the thread so soon. I didn't know a) what I was getting into when I started b) have had a time with (money) purchasing parts and c) time there is not enough time.

Also 6 other MABs were built while this one was in waiting or being worked on or perhaps not being worked on.

Let myself down with this build taking so long.
ha im not usually such a jerk but gd bro...lol naw im just yankin it...this is awesome...wish I had even a portion of ur abilities and a quarter of ur useful tools too...if ya know anyone donating a welder let me know and ill start makin isht fer the motorized bicycle community

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That is going to be KOOOL a little more tuning though. I love what you are doing, not a hole lot left on it is there? I wonder why you keep changing but every time you do it just gets better...................Curt

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Oh I think you answered your own question, it keeps getting better!
Going to kill me to take her apart and send to paint but it will have to be done.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
ITEM DESCRIPTION
Carburetor - 15.8mm w/ High and Low adjustment screws, (with cable bracket)
http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/productdetails_popup.asp?productcode=X7CR301650
$34.95 Take two $69.90 Thank you for your business! minus 10% -$6.99
Total: $62.91. Ask now: How do I get a 10% discount coupon code from a seller whom I have never done business with? Good that you asked because I didn't know either so I just goggled " pocket bike parts dot com coupon code " and got a link http://www.retailmenot.com/view/pocketbikeparts.com?c=4429010 and there was a code that worked. 2 people used it today. As you can see its like free postage.

Subtotal:
$62.91

Shipping & Handling:
$6.95

$69.86

$6.99 discount but $6.95 USPS

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Got a bit done this weekend. The intakes for the carbs are done! The carbs are on the bike! Still awaiting some spacers for the carbs; plastic parts taken from some transformers I will post next time. But here are the updates...

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
How about a chain tensioner. Getting tired of having the plastic ones that wear down and need to be replaced. Because I got tired of building with HT kits and have some blown engines laying around in the shop. Wizzkid came up with this next segment and idea for making a geared cog on a roller bearing. The cog is taken out of an HT engine. Placed on a lathe and cut down to size. A bit of metallurgy is done for strength and a roller bearing is pressed in.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Wizzkid came up with these two plastic blocks. He said they came out of some broken transformers at his work. These adaptor plates were drilled out to size. In one of the pictures I am attempting to show the vacuum hole that is drilled in at an angle... Everything is custom. Pictures show a brass fitting being cut to get from the gas tank to the engine fuel lines. Next are the carb adaptor with vacuum hole and then with the carb on the block showing the notch that was cut to allow the throttle lever space to rotate.

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
But then gas just poured out of the bottom bowl on the fuel on/off switch on the tank! This was then removed fit into a washer placed in the lathe and recut. Then the lip was tapped down and it is as new again..... works too.... No dripping!

Slowly this lathe is starting to pay for its self. Having the ability to repair a part like this on the fly is priceless. But the 70 year old Logan did come with a price. $900 on CL.

Attachments