New Flying Horse 80 kit

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That is actually where I got mine due to a lucky windfall I came into just enough cash to purchase the kit. I figure that I will be tinkering around with just setting it up and learning about it long enough to afford some needed upgrades. Biknut would you recommend replacing the gaskets right away or will they hold a while? I plan on checking everything you recommended but am not sure about new gaskets right off the bat.
I didn't replace any gaskets. Only 1 seal. The magneto side thin seal because it was installed a little crooked. I haven't had any leaks in over 1200 miles now.

You'll need to retorque the head bolts a few times at first. I've been keeping mine at 125 in lb. Make sure the acorn nuts aren't binding on the cylinder studs.

TheRealDune

Aug 2, 2013
Las Cruces,NM
I haven't done much to it.
Flying Horse 80.
Speed carb with 68 jet
After market air filter
The needle is in the leanest position.
MM shorty intake manifold.
Modified stock muffler. Mainly just a stock muffler with the cat removed.
NGK BP6HS spark plug 0.030" gap
I run Red Line racing 2 stroke oil @ 50:1.
The head bolts are torqued to 125 in lbs.
36T rear sprocket

That's all I can think of right now. If I didn't mention it, it's probably stock.
where did you get the sprocket,intake and jets from? Slick bike !

TheRealDune

Aug 2, 2013
Las Cruces,NM
Hopefully it will be a lot more dependable this time. The stuff you did isn't hard to do, but if you didn't do it, it could easily ruin your motor.
Im a beginner at motorized bicycles, im hoping you can give me some steps to take before firing up my motorized bicycle. everything is bolted on but its pretty easy to unbolt, so any help again is greatly appreciated. BTW biknut, id like to see a pic of your bike with the pocketbike pipe on it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Im a beginner at motorized bicycles, im hoping you can give me some steps to take before firing up my motorized bicycle. everything is bolted on but its pretty easy to unbolt, so any help again is greatly appreciated. BTW biknut, id like to see a pic of your bike with the pocketbike pipe on it.
This is the only bike I have right now with a expansion chamber on it. This is Stunner.

TheRealDune

Aug 2, 2013
Las Cruces,NM
This is the only bike I have right now with a expansion chamber on it. This is Stunner.

Ok quick yet puzzling question biknut, my lil bro came and turned my speed carb idle adjst screw all the way to the right and now my motorized bicycle wont start or idle, any tricks to correcting this mishap?

Stunner is a beauty

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Turning the idle screw all the way in shouldn't make it not start or run. Maybe he did something else to it.