San Diego's 7th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
"Riders in tights"?? You mean those guys that wear the spandex bike suits? I have some respect for some of those guys. One guy pretty well kept up with me for close to 3 miles once and I was hauling ass.

My bike screams and nobody can go fast enough to GET near me!!!
Last San Diego Ride I was on they weren't very friendly and tried to block the bike path all together on one occasion.

I welcome all and any drag races as Ive not seen one of them maintain 47 MPH yet. dnut

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
All from San Diego knows what I am riding, I am just wondering what is Scotto riding; Tandum, black, or blue and black? Can't wait, this will be a blast. Getting everything tightened up. Excuse me I have been drinking scotch... Scotch, scothch, scotch!

r.ly..wee.dnut

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Hahaha. I've been getting the carb tuned hatches batten down and a new rear wheel myself. Can't wait.

-Hawaii

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Well the ride started pretty good, the engine was bogging quite a bit. For the most part running good. Then as we got close to the freeway in the UTC area she began to run good. This lasted up to just past Solana Beach then, two broken motor mount studs. Limped her all the way home.

have some pics from the start and will post later. Time to take the kids to Chuck E Chesse first.:-||.bf..duh.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Ride was well after you left till we got down the road to Encinitas and the Morini exhaust start falling apart at the seems. Was a tad bit lound after the muffler fell off. We departed Carlsbad and my Cns carb decided it didn't want to hang around departed Carlsbad. I had to put that back on which caused the float to go bad again. We got down to Encinitas again and Scotto got a flat. The Morini exhaust continued to fall apart. Max was loosing power. We ended up stopping a couple more times to do adjustmets. By the time we got to the top of Torrey Pines, Max's bike was going to code. We ended up leaving him in La Jolla to get his Van. The Quadra-cycle had virtually no issues at all. I made it back to Downtown SD with some broken welds, blowby oil everywhere. But she still runs and took me to work. All in All. That was one helluva ride.

-Hawaii

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I am sad that I once again missed another one.
I never get Saturdays or Sundays off, so it will be difficult in the future too.

I really, and I mean REALLY like that quadracycle!!!
I have been contemplating building one with perhaps an EZM.
Still, a Go-Kart with pedals.....? What's the legality of that?
CVC 39000 states that a bicycle can have 4 or more wheels, but CVC 406a states that an MB can only have 2 or 3.
There has to be some sort of give here....
I really want to build one similar to the one in the photo, only having 24" rear bicycle wheels.
I do not want to build it just to have it impounded by the Sheriffs around here though.

Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud here.

Edit: Who's is it? Any info on the buildup of it?

Last edited:

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I am sad that I once again missed another one.
I never get Saturdays or Sundays off, so it will be difficult in the future too.

I really, and I mean REALLY like that quadracycle!!!
I have been contemplating building one with perhaps an EZM.
Still, a Go-Kart with pedals.....? What's the legality of that?
CVC 39000 states that a bicycle can have 4 or more wheels, but CVC 406a states that an MB can only have 2 or 3.
There has to be some sort of give here....
I really want to build one similar to the one in the photo, only having 24" rear bicycle wheels.
I do not want to build it just to have it impounded by the Sheriffs around here though.

Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud here.

I personally whatched that guy drive by 1 sheriff and 2 highway patrol (he even rode it on the I-5 north for a few miles) and they never gave him a second look.

SrtBrad

Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I had fun meeting up with everybody there. The ride was going well till about the half way point up to Carlsbad. The engine started loosing power (about 25%). At Solano Beach I realized I had a blown head gasket. I decided to go back with BadBooh that had the broken engine mounts. We were averaging about 10 MPH for about 3 miles into the return trip when my engine seized up at idle at a stoplight. I pedaled it all the way back to the starting point with a seized engine.

This is my experience with my Raw Motors 80cc engine. In town with varying rpm's and speed the aw Motors engine does well. In a WOT for extended periods of time (Over 10 miles uninterrupted) the RAW engine starts to break down and/or seize.

I'm trying to decide if it's better to buy another complete engine or rebuild the one I have.:-|| BadBooh who is the guy that is selling the engines only for $90?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks to the Lucky 7 that made it to the big ride.....here's the start

When it was all said and done, here's what I ended up with.....75.3 mi. on the GPS. This was a fairly long ride :)

A very big thanks and nice ridin with you guys.....23tiny all the way from Lancaster with his Quad (and family) and SrtBrad from L.A......hope you had fun!

dnut

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Eventhough I did not complete the journey I had a blast while I was there. The best part was the bike limped me back home and I didn't need to peddle or call in a tow. I always have a good time on these rides and always have something to fix, or improve for the next ride. I would be happy to have another within the next month.

brnot.wee.dnutr.ly..duh.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i was all set to go, but i promised my buddy i'd finish his bike over the weekend. i built him one before and it got stolen, so i had to get this one together so he doesn't have to pedal to work.

sounds like you guys had a good time, despite the damages. you need a really reliable bike to ride 75miles in one shot.

hopefully i'll make it down there one of these days...