2011 Central Pa. Rally

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Sorry about the last minute notice Jay. I know you'll have a wonderful time and I can't wait to hear all about it!

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Jay, I got your message and I have the banner packed in the car already. It seems as though I'm always wrenching on a bike when I get to a rally and this time will be no exception. The difference is that it is very minor this time. It's the replacement of the speedometer cable core which broke the last time I rode the Whizzer.
I just got finished mounting the new heavy duty wheels on the EZ Bike this evening, so (theoretically) it's ready to go.
See you in the morning!

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Jay, Jackie and I are headed out shortly, but it's raining down this way and headed your way. Got my rack done yesterday afternoon and stayed up late getting everything ready, but not going to bring the bike cause of the rain. We'll bee there in a couple hours with the cookies. Dan

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Bonnie & I want to thank everyone that came & helped to make this year's Rally a huge success. There were 40 bikes & I couldn't count how many people were here. Pictures to come soon.
Jay

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Unfortunately the only photos I took were after the rain chased us inside for a while Saturday afternoon. The first photo is Jay handing the 2nd place trophy to Bob MacDowell for his great stingray build. The second photo is part of "Whizzer row" inside Jay's building. One of those Whizzers sports a custom overhead valve engine (Jay is going to need to remind me of the owner's name), and my Whizzer is the one with the cream colored fenders. The third photo is Eric replacing a broken fender stay on his 2000 Whizzer. He had just bought the bike earlier in the day from my brother Jim (aka Fossil).
The fourth photo is of the "Steampunk Antler Bike" that took the 1st place trophy. The last photo is of our host Jay wearing an appropriate hat for the weather we were experincing at the time.

Attachments

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Here's the Sunday morning breakfast gang. Anyone that was there Sunday got to watch Quenton (top left in the picture) rebuild the top end of a 99 Whizzer. It was a WC1 & he upgraded it to an NE.

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
Thanks again for another great rally despite the weather. Sorry we could'nt stay a little longer, but had to get home while there was a break in the rain. Hope to see everyone again at the Lewes, DE rally in Sept.

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
Thanks Jay and Bonnie for hosting. The rain wasn't that bad we did get some good rides in. Lisa and I had a great time. You are very luck to be riding in such beautiful country Lisa got a real kick out of passing an Amish buggy. I saw some great bikes and met some cool people.

here are a few pictures

Attachments

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Sorry I didnt make it Jay... Had a couple pop up job interviews on Saturday and Monday. Looks like everyone had a good time.!!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
ya i didnt make it either. was working on my new boat all weekend. i'm trading 2 mb's for a mercury 115 hp outboard friday.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
2012 Central Pa. Rally Date

Don't forget to mark your calendars for next year's 2012 Central Pa. Rally. It's always the first weekend in August. It will be Saturday & Sunday August 4th & 5th 2012.

Don't forget the next rally here on the East Coast is the Lewes Delaware Rally in September hosted by brothers Fossil (Jim Davis) & Kilroy (Chris Davis). here's a link to their rally thread:

http://motorbicycling.com/f35/2011-cape-henlopen-lewes-delaware-rally-26617.html

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Don't forget to mark your calendars for the 2012 Rally. It's always the first weekend in August.
Jay & Bonnie
We're into January now. Don't forget to mark your calendars. This year it will be August 4th & 5th. I'll start a new thread for the 2012 rally soon.
Jay