What good thing happened while you were at work today?

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Everyone I know who works for themselves claims the gaffer is a slave driver, never letting them rest.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Yep, one thing I always heard was," that must be nice, you can take off work anytime you wish". And yes, I was a "slave driver".

Dan

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Ha, that'd be bad if I got laid off. Family business. 2 owners, 1 employee. One being in california and the other in Missouri. I do a ton of driving in missouri for the company. Selling, distributing as well as photography. They would be screwed if I got laid off!

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Finally finished a big job for a customer. Had too much of my machinery tied up, but his projection was completion in 1st quarter 2016. He pays a 3% bonus for that.

And now I have a CNC spindle open for fun stuff.

Going to be a good 2016

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Finally finished a big job for a customer. Had too much of my machinery tied up, but his projection was completion in 1st quarter 2016. He pays a 3% bonus for that.

And now I have a CNC spindle open for fun stuff.

Going to be a good 2016
Wanna make some velocity stacks for me? :D

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
A bit late, but Tuesday was a stormer at the Brown Lion. Me and Clive got up with Al on harp, started off, suddenly people stepped in and started played ultra sympatico with us, we had the pub rocking, people dancing. It's the best thing going when you hit them in the spine and make them dance.

The ugly brute in front is Clive.

Attachments

Last edited:

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
Nothing good. I have been overwhelmed with a lineup of hard case repairs. One hour jobs turn into three days work. Simply because i cant turn a blind eye to faulty vehicle components. 6 hours to remove an engine block heater and its nowhere near budging. This has been going on for three weeks. It seems like im complaining, its all income but im getting tired.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey FFV8,

Are you making/machining that motor from scratch? Ever since I saw Budfab's video of an engine he made using his own manufactured case and a VW cylinder, I have dreamt of making a vintage looking engine. But I lack the machining tools and knowledge for such a project.

Do you have a build thread for this engine? I would love to know more about it, like everything, displacement where you sourced parts like the rod and piston, your plans for the valve train, etc.

It looks great so far,

Gilbert

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
A great thing happened to me, indirectly, a few days ago. A guy in my department got a good raise. Why is that good for me? Because he has great technical skills (many far better than mine), and he was close to leaving my company for another to make more money.
If that guy had left my company, I would have had to take over his job and also do mine. My company would have either hired an expensive, low skilled newby replacement, or no replacement at all. It was a very goog day for me.