What good thing happened while you were at work today?

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I QUIT!

Not because I wasn't happy... but because it was time to go.

Never be afraid to go.
You don't need to know where you're going, you don't need to have money, you just need to want it. Do it... for real... do it.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
Oh ya,great day! New plugs,oxygen sensors and a fan clutch. Runs great and doesent overheat. Or so i thought. Just delivered a courtesy car and waiting for towtruck. 30 miles away. Next road test will need to be farther. Learning more than i wanted to about jeep 3.7 litre engines.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I survived the third wave of layoffs that happened at my company this year. Office staff is now half what it was at the beginning of the year. My boss got laid off on Wednesday! Most of it is due to the drop in oil prices. I hope the company can adjust to the current economic conditions and start hiring again by next summer.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I had the day from **** today. The devil didn't make an appearance, but his sister did......the good thing is I didn't do anything to make the evening news......

Small victories.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Some of you may know of the British band Status Quo and their old fashioned good time rock'n'roll sound. Some of you may know of Rosetta Tharpe's This Train.

The other night, I messed around with my hooligan guitar and the Trace Elliot amp I was given and came up with Status Quo do This Train. A friend, on being informed of this, has said let's go for it next March in Swanage.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Will we be treated to a demo version soon I hope? Status Quo... Picture of Matchstick Men! Only one I remember off the top of my bald head.

Dan

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
While I think, another good thing to happen "at work", my friend Percy gave me a 40w Trace Elliot Tramp amplifier at the Swanage blues Festival. It's an original, early one, with the simple Letraset type printed name on the front. Light enough to get up and down stairs, loud enough for most gigs I do.

I know some bloody good people.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Today at work I mowed all day on a 35 horse zero turn mower. Then I got it stuck. I had to use a 4wd to pull it out.

This is the same one that this past summer I started sliding sideways down an embankment toward a lake. I bailed at the last second and I went into the lake. It was 4-5 feet deep right at the edge. Then the mower came down on top of me and I nearly drowned. I saw the reaper, but once again he shied away.

At least I only got muddy today, and that was a good thing.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
BJ, I'd like to think I can still out-rock the kids too, 'cause I still have the will. But then I'm originally from Ahia too. I gotta hook up with old Lud at some point and experience the musical groove he is travelling in.

Dan

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Lud, No, I'm not a musician but had an opportunity early in life to hang with many and see an awful lot of great music in the early 70's into the 80's. Got to be around Jon Mark and Johnny Almond a couple times and of course saw Mayall every chance I had. Saw him a couple years ago here near the Washington DC area. I enjoy ZZ Top and early Zepplin blues.

Yep, I went the psychedelic route for a bit but was finally able to return to earth just a little worse for wear.

Dan

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I've never dropped acid and friends who have, and who know me well, recommend that I don't; they claim I'm already too close to flying to risk not coming back.

Last edited:

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Yep, I wouldn't recommend it either and at this point in life every day is a "trip". Liked the links to the Status Quo vids. Those old guys still really rock!! You'd fit right in on stage with them.

Dan

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Rossi's had a haircut. He decided his head looked like a ping pong ball on a piece of string with a bald top and a pony tail.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
I had that ping pong ball on a string look up until 15 years ago. What was I thinkin? Of course I haven't had a shave in over 30 years.

LDS, I got to experience that sensation for a good part of my working life. Good for you!

Dan