Predyno 99cc......the ultimate daily cruiser!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Got a bit done on the build today, finished modifying the left crank arm and got the oil filler hole drilled, tapped and plugged.

I've been sick since last Friday and it's wearing on me. Also got news yesterday that I'm gonna be a Grandpa.......this could be fun!

dnut

dance1

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Congratulations on the news, Scotto-!
Are you gonna hafta mess with that whole vent looking arrangement every time you check or change the oil? Looks like a pita compared to what used to be there.

Interesting way to get the crank arm offset. You could get a couple of the plastic furniture caps to cover the end holes and store emergency hardware inside it.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Congrats scotto!

what size tap is that?
Thanks all.......that is a 1/2" pipe thread tap.

Interesting solution for the peddle crank arms. How well do you think it will work doing it this way? Could you have also done it by cutting part way through then bend and weld the crank?
I know it will work very well, that's why I did it this way. You could use 1-1/8" x 3/16" flat stock for the same effect but the square tubing is stiffer and stronger.

And I wouldn't cut part way through and bend hollow chromoly cranks as you would never get the width you'ld need, it would shorten them alot and all the angles would be wrong.

Congratulations on the news, Scotto-!
Are you gonna hafta mess with that whole vent looking arrangement every time you check or change the oil? Looks like a pita compared to what used to be there.
This will make oil changes possible, it will actually be a breeze. I won't be checking the oil anyways, just changing it frequently.

And i'm debating on plugging the square tubing with caps or running them open.....we'll see ;)

Last edited:

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
(SNIP)

I know it will work very well, that's why I did it this way. You could use 1-1/8" x 3/16" flat stock for the same effect but the square tubing is stiffer and stronger.

And I wouldn't cut part way through and bend hollow chromoly cranks as you would never get the width you'ld need, it would shorten them alot and all the angles would be wrong.

(SNIP)
Do you think this type of peddle crank mod could be done with standard one piece cranks or would just heating and bending be the better route?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Do you think this type of peddle crank mod could be done with standard one piece cranks or would just heating and bending be the better route?
Heating and bending the solid one piece cranks is just fine and that's what a lot of guys do. It does shorten them considerably though which can help with the width clearances also.

daRog

Apr 15, 2011
California
I actually did buy it, it cost me $20 but worth every penny. If people read the first post, they would know that I bought or acquired this mount and did not fabricate it. It's an incredible mount and wish that I made it.....I had the keen eye to know this mount was do-able.......almost perfect.
$20 sounds pretty reasonable to me. Does your source have any more mounts like that for sale?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What is that you have between the mounts and the frame. Why is it there? Fill in space or shock absorption or protect paint?
That is actually part of the clamp and is two separate sleeves, an aluminum locking sleeve and a thin fiberglass sleeve. I guess you could say it does all of the above except for the beautiful blue paint won't need protection as i'm going to sand blast it.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Where can we get those clamps?
In his first post he mentioned: "steveco55 (Steve) for the motor mounts"

If $20 gets you the clamps and mount plate, and if that is not the friends and family discount, I would probably pick up a set to save for a rainy day!

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
that blue paint is a beautiful color, to bad it had so many chips. i tried to touch it up with fingernail paint but my matching skills sucked to put it nicely. dennis

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
In his first post he mentioned: "steveco55 (Steve) for the motor mounts"

If $20 gets you the clamps and mount plate, and if that is not the friends and family discount, I would probably pick up a set to save for a rainy day!
Yes, my good friend Steve gave me the last 3 clamps that he had.......it was a $20 bribe to get them then and there as he was gonna use them for something himself.

There are no more of these clamps available and they were not made for this application. Sorry, I just got lucky on this one ;)

that blue paint is a beautiful color, to bad it had so many chips. i tried to touch it up with fingernail paint but my matching skills sucked to put it nicely. dennis
I agree Dennis, I absolutely love that color blue and would leave it that color except I'm even putting more chips in it as this build progresses. I hope what I have in mind for the finish works out otherwise I seek this blue or paint it black like all my other bikes. Thanks again for the frame Bro!

Last edited: