Drive Electric Week

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
We never doubted you Mike!
If you saw just how many electrical connections that I had to make, you might have second thoughts on that. I know I did. This is bike #1, of this high amp, mid-drive type of e-bike, for me. Hub motor e-bikes are a walk in the park in comparison. Much less wires and cables to deal with and they are much thinner and easier to work with.

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
Hey Mike,
We are going to have an arrive-n-display pen for private parties to show off their hardware, no charge, just bragging rights! Are you gonna have that fine machine ready by September 20?

BTW, our facebook page is up, please check it out and like it!

Darren

Last edited:

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
National Drive Electric Week Huntington Beach has been retitled to "Plug in To Excitement!" due to the amazing participation from companies with exciting electric transportation products.

Also, we now have a Twitter feed @NDEWHB

Register now and join us on Sep 20

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey Mike,
We are going to have an arrive-n-display pen for private parties to show off their hardware, no charge, just bragging rights! Are you gonna have that fine machine ready by September 20?

BTW, our facebook page is up, please check it out and like it!

Darren
I just don't know yet. I'm having issues with the throttle working the motor correctly through the controller and there is no troubleshooting guide for me to look at. I think a Hall Sensor gave way inside the motor. I'm gonna have to return the motor now. Totally sucks.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Very cool Yiiikes. Wish I was closer.

Dang, Miked. Sorry to read that!
There is no "What to Do" or "What Not to Do" User Guide or any guide for that matter for the controller or motor. It's like walking blindfolded into a minefield. You're on your own. LOL

I'm also dealing with these volatile LiPo batteries and how they rapidly unevenly discharge without even being used at a rate I've never seen before.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Mike, just dawned on me. Would be a great place to ask about your problem. And she is just to great looking to not show off.

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
Yeah Mike, what he said!

On the first point, we have MANY DIY guys attending for grass roots help and we have EV West there, Michael Bream is fantastic, I can introduce you if you want.

On the second point, I have never in my life seen a piece of two wheeled engineering and fabrication like it and I came from the concept car industry! We have awards for peoples choice and best DIY, you would solidly be in the running for both.

Finally, KTLA5 News and KNBC4 News are covering the event along with 5 newspapers, the world will get their chance to see it. And filmmaker Scott Dupont will be shooting his next film there as well, you could get on the big screen!

C,mon uncle Mikey, whaddya say?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Yiiikes, Mike's build was really kinda amazing to see unfold.

"I'm building a 2 wheeled Urban Assault Vehicle with dual 40mm grenade ammo cans in the back to hold 70 lbs. of LiPo's (72V 60Ah). When it's done, I'm gonna go crush stuff with it. LMAO"

and;

"Militarizing the road, one bike at a time, since 2014."

LOL, ya gotta love that kinda commitment to crazy. (I mean it mike!)

Is a fun read, Yiiikes; http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=53879

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Yiiikes. It is a group of people who take or make perfectly good bicycles and strap motors to them.

"Sain" would be the exception.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
My helper Cole blew off the event and he has the truck so we didn't make it.
NO biggie, the Scottsdale event was nothing write home about.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Yeah Mike, what he said!

On the first point, we have MANY DIY guys attending for grass roots help and we have EV West there, Michael Bream is fantastic, I can introduce you if you want.

On the second point, I have never in my life seen a piece of two wheeled engineering and fabrication like it and I came from the concept car industry! We have awards for peoples choice and best DIY, you would solidly be in the running for both.

Finally, KTLA5 News and KNBC4 News are covering the event along with 5 newspapers, the world will get their chance to see it. And filmmaker Scott Dupont will be shooting his next film there as well, you could get on the big screen!

C,mon uncle Mikey, whaddya say?
I actually had no way to get my bike there. I also chose the wrong type of lithium battery to power the motor. I'm a failure and not worthy of the event! :( LOL

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Naw Heat Miser. Now ya just know one more way not to do some thing. Remember the Edison thing.

"I did not fail. I now know 700 ways how not to make a light bulb"

We are all just students of varying degree and no one's first words were "Wonder which kind of battery would work best with this motor" lol.

As long as you and your's are not gonna miss a meal untill ya get it working the way ya want, have fun.

None of it matters any way 'cause all the really tall, hot top models only wanna date tall rich guys any way. snicker

dance1

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
The batteries I'm using need to be babysat, coddled, and constantly monitored.....individual cell, voltage wise. Failure to do so could cause bad things to happen. Unlike the Charge and Forget LifePo and LiNiMaCo batteries. Li-Po's are not idiot proof. Not that I expected them to be but gees. I was NOT expecting the wild voltage fluctuations of each individual cells that make up the pack........while not even in use. LOL

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9170

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I had on-board cell voltage balancers but they simply do not work once the cells go too far out of whack. They give up and just shut themselves off after a period of time. LOL