Drive Electric Week

GoldenMotor.com

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
I am producing the largest EV event in the country, which likely means the world. Titled "Plug In To Excitement!", it is non-profit and run by volunteers but it is going to be "Yuge" in the words of D. Trump.

I have all of the automotive OEMS there, several exotics and all kinds of fringe stuff like electric surfboards and skateboards. I even have a one-wheeled electric motorcycle and there are many other magnificent electric vehicles in work, "if it plugs in, it gets in".

Go to Plug In To Excitement

And here is our facebook page please check it out and like it

We need electric bikes, trikes and recumbents from manufacturers, dealers, builders or private parties. Please reply to [email protected] or to this post and I will provide more info.

Big thanks,
Darren

Last edited:

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
I am afraid our catch phrase is "If it plugs in, it gets in", I have explicit instructions to only let in plug-ins.

That being said, my own personal intrigue is high for the amazing engineering you guys put into your bikes. Do you have an event that I can come see your gas stuff at?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I am afraid our catch phrase is "If it plugs in, it gets in", I have explicit instructions to only let in plug-ins.

That being said, my own personal intrigue is high for the amazing engineering you guys put into your bikes. Do you have an event that I can come see your gas stuff at?
You are invited to the next Socal Motor Bicycle Racing extravaganza on SAT OCTOBER 18TH 2014 at Grange Motor Circuit.

We usually have a few ebikes racing.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

My amazing engineering ain't finished yet and I have no idea if it even works at all. I think I got all my wires and cables hooked up right. There's a bunch of them. LOL

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
Wow! Absolutely spectacular !

Yeah lots of wires, I am sure you will get 'em all plugged in to something :)

How do we get this phenomenal piece of engineering and fabrication exhibited at NDEW-HB?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Wow! Absolutely spectacular !

Yeah lots of wires, I am sure you will get 'em all plugged in to something :)

How do we get this phenomenal piece of engineering and fabrication exhibited at NDEW-HB?
Right now all it is is phenomenal looking as it has no batteries to power it yet. Even if I wired everything up correctly there's a chance one of the components is dead from the start because almost everything was made in China. That bike is basically the first of it's kind using some of the components that you see on it. Specifically that black box controller in the front, which is Chinese. Hopefully it works when I turn the key on. LOL

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Here is the link
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=153

We need electric bikes, trikes and recumbent's from manufacturers, dealers, builders or private parties.

Big thanks,
Darren
Day: Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Time: 10am - 4pm
21500 Pacific Coast Hwy (across from Hyatt)
Huntington Beach, CA, United States

Mid September on the beach?

After baking all summer in the Phoenix heat I'll be game for the beach.
I just talked to the wife and we'll plan for it.

I already have the last parts on their way to build an Electric 7-speed Shifting Fat Tire Real Beach e-Cruiser.

In short this bike...

...motorized like this mountain E-bike.

Sounds fun, I'll register up and see ya there.

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
Day: Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Time: 10am - 4pm
21500 Pacific Coast Hwy (across from Hyatt)
Huntington Beach, CA, United States

Mid September on the beach?

After baking all summer in the Phoenix heat I'll be game for the beach.
I just talked to the wife and we'll plan for it.

I already have the last parts on their way to build an Electric 7-speed Shifting Fat Tire Real Beach e-Cruiser.

In short this bike...

...motorized like this mountain E-bike.

Sounds fun, I'll register up and see ya there.
That will be magnificent, and the beach crowd will flip over an e-fat-tire, fat-tires are on fire out here. Please let me know if you require any other info.

We have partnered with the Hyatt Regency
http://huntingtonbeach.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
which is right next to the venue, they are offering a preferred rate to our event participants, mention "Drive Electric Week" when you make your reservation to get the promo deal.

Darren
City Captain

Last edited:

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
For me, bring it running or not, it is a masterpiece just to look at! I can't stop looking at the photos.

Your call Mike.

Darren
City Captain

Last edited:

yiiikes

Jul 6, 2014
Huntington Beach
Right now all it is is phenomenal looking as it has no batteries to power it yet. Even if I wired everything up correctly there's a chance one of the components is dead from the start because almost everything was made in China. That bike is basically the first of it's kind using some of the components that you see on it. Specifically that black box controller in the front, which is Chinese. Hopefully it works when I turn the key on. LOL
For me, bring it running or not, it is a masterpiece just to look at! I can't stop looking at the photos.

Your call Mike.

Darren
City Captain

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

Your call.
Thanks much.

If it works as good as it looks then I'll be able to just hop on the freeway with it and ride it down to HB in about 30 minutes time........... from LA. LOL

I just got all the remaining parts and battery charger today. Only thing missing now is the batteries.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
These is also an event across town from me in Scottsdale which is where my local customers are.

Unless I build another and have my son and mechanic do Scottsdale with one to free the wife and I up for the beach with the other I won't be coming.

That would be pretty tuff though, I used up all 3 of those EM3ev triangle batteries and it's a big investment to buy 3 more which is the only way to get the price per unit low enough for me to buy them with shipping and chargers.

I have a couple of months, we'll see.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I am producing the largest EV event in the country, which likely means the world. It is non-profit and run by volunteers but it is going to be "Yuge" in the words of D. Trump.

I have all of the automotive OEMS there, several exotics and all kinds of fringe stuff like electric surfboards and skateboards. I even have a one-wheeled electric motorcycle and there are many other magnificent electric vehicles in work, "if it plugs in, it gets in".

Here is the link
http://goo.gl/O8G3Mf

We need electric bikes, trikes and recumbents from manufacturers, dealers, builders or private parties. Please reply to [email protected] or to this post and I will provide more info.

Big thanks,
Darren
Sorry Darren, I forgot to charge my batteries.....could you change the name to "Drive Electric Weak"

Eight miles @ 15mph is about the best I can do for now.....hope you don't mind?

zptzptzpt

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If it doesn't Mike......still might have a spectacular fireworks show!!!

Hopefully the bike will GO and the fireworks show will be canceled.

Hope it works great as you've put a lot into this build.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
If it doesn't Mike......still might have a spectacular fireworks show!!!

Hopefully the bike will GO and the fireworks show will be canceled.

Hope it works great as you've put a lot into this build.
Today at 12:55AM I could wait no longer! I hooked the battery charger directly to the bikes battery cables and turned the ignition key on top of the gas tank. No snaps, crackles, pops or puffs of smoke anywhere. The contactor switched on, the Cycle Analyst lit up, and the controllers Power On LED lit up.

After about 5 minutes the battery charger sensed it wasn't charging a thing and kicked down to 10V and everything shut off on the bike. LOL