EZR's 2nd full suspension Project

GoldenMotor.com

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
ez im building 2 k2 zed mountain bike 26'' front susp. ht motor home made jackshaft set up hande made exp chamber and im in the process of milling billit reed set up the one scsw has is to long for my app. im just waiting on some tapered end mills to finish i would have been done along time ago but the motor barely fits in my frame so ive had to fab everything cant wait to finish and post pics see what people think and start on my next one ive also been going through these motors i may have to window the pistons for my set up im going try one first the r&d on these ht motors is killing me theres much to be desired with these things peace !!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
ez im building 2 k2 zed mountain bike 26'' front susp. ht motor home made jackshaft set up hande made exp chamber and im in the process of milling billit reed set up the one scsw has is to long for my app. im just waiting on some tapered end mills to finish i would have been done along time ago but the motor barely fits in my frame so ive had to fab everything cant wait to finish and post pics see what people think and start on my next one ive also been going through these motors i may have to window the pistons for my set up im going try one first the r&d on these ht motors is killing me theres much to be desired with these things peace !!
Skipu, The SCSW reeds are long for a reason. It's to cut down on the case volume. You just need to port your intake to get the cage to fit.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Skipu - Yes you will have to window the piston or you will not get any of the advantage out of the reed set up. Also there is a secret port you can add to the intake tract. You have to be careful but you can punch a hole at the upper portion of the port, but it has to be at the correct location and angle or it will spoil the cylinder. You have this advantage because the reeds will be your check valve not the piston. Have fun, Dave

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
We finally hit the trails today around 2 o'clock. Beautiful weather and no one else on the trails made it a fun day! Everything held up great..
I'll post the videos later after I have dinner and a cold one.

Last edited:

specialDFX

Aug 4, 2008
Venice, CA
It looks like the other bike (I'm pretty sure the one with the tuned expansion chamber was yours) kept the exhaust config you had on the first build. Are there any particular pros/cons to this style of pipe? My obvious concern would be the heat.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It's tough to say anything about either pipe because these motors get strong each time we take them out. Dean's bike has the oldest motor and by far the fastest. The new bike has a brand new motor which hasn't been broken in yet. The new pipe configeration seems to have more top speed. I would like to see how it runs with a 47 tooth sprocket. It would probably hit the high 40mph mark. The pipe is to close to the top tube that you don't even know the pipe is there while riding.
Another thing to consider is that the clutch hasn't been adjusted yet on the new bike. The owner's manual said to adjust it after 5 hours of riding time. I might play around with an air shock with a lock out.
Overall, I had no complaints about it's performance.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
where are these morini motors?
when I search for them I only find vintage ones

also I wonder if the modern 2 stroke chinese pocket bike engines are better then the ones most of us here run
Ill bet they make more power for sure
take care
JAK
I think there's a link on my first build up in this section for the motors.
Call Dean at the shop and he could get you more info on them.

As for the pocketbike engines. There okay but I would prefer a HT motor for daily cruising over a pocketbike motor because pocketbike motors are loud and the clutch engages around 5k rpm.

I think there's a link on my first build up in this section for the motors.
Call Dean at the shop and he could get you more info on them.

As for the pocketbike engines. There okay but I would prefer a HT motor for daily cruising over a pocketbike motor because pocketbike motors are loud and the clutch engages around 5k rpm.
yeah I found them but really cant find a price
I think I found an overseas distributor
I would like to talk with you guys
Ill try to call, maybe tomarow
I know Im like hijacking everyones threads with this but did you see the weird fork I made?
I thought if anyone would appreciate it it would be you guys
take care
JAK

ZigyZ7

Oct 19, 2008
Manchester NH
Iv been having a bad week with my bike i dont know why my carb is leaking a lot and how can you make a throttle have less play becouse my bike has a wide open thottle to the point were me turning the thottle does not make a differnce could some one give me a few tips :)

Iv been having a bad week with my bike i dont know why my carb is leaking a lot and how can you make a throttle have less play becouse my bike has a wide open thottle to the point were me turning the thottle does not make a differnce could some one give me a few tips :)
Id sugjest getting with the vendor that sold you the kit
sometimes a short phone call is better then hours of back & fourth on the net
also I think there may be a better place then this thread to post that type of question likeClassic Instructions for Building and Repairing Motorized Bicycle Engine Kits - Bicycle Engine Kit Classic Posts at Motorized Bicycle Forum
have a great week
JAK

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Did you check to see if the cable fell out of the holder near the carb or did you crack the inside tab (the one that connects to the cable end) of your twist? That's weird that you've got so much lack in your throttle cable.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It came out pretty nice Jak, I think you should try an air shock instead of a spring shock. That would be sweet.