San Diego's 7th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

SrtBrad

Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
You'll have to get up pretty early in the morning to get down here by 10. If I remember correctly from one of our riders who's gone to LA and back a few times that it took him 6 hours (and $12 in gas!) each way.

You know what would be really fun is if one of the LA groups would ride down and meet us in Carlsbad!!!
Who is that member that did the ride from LA to San Diego? I would have to leave LA at 3:30 - 4:00 am to make it on time? That sounds crazy enough for me to attempt. I will consider it but might ride down to Diego in a car and meet up with you guys and ride home to LA from Carlsbad. Hmmmmm....

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
DOH! Crashed my bike today!!!

Put the Wabron carb back on after I made the jet smaller. Have the choke lever mounted under my seat cause no room on the handlebars. Engine started up, reached down and turned off the choke, bike TOOK OFF, WHOA, 1 hand on handlebar, wobble, wobble, CRASH!!! At least I was only going a couple miles an hour and was still in my driveway...LOL!!!

By the way, the Wabron carb works GREAT now...engine runs better, looks better and makes the bike sound better too.

Then took the bike out for a nice fast ride, went about a mile and broke the rear chain. And I just said to myself before the ride, I better oil up that chain, it's looking a little worn.

Last edited:

shaolin

Apr 1, 2011
los angeles
I'm good Howareya yourself hahaha.

-Hawaii
LMAO, you guys are a crack up. Thanks for the info hawaii bra. Thats gonna be an epic ride. And I thought 30miles was long. Better bring a few inner tubes and tools for sure. Maybe a blanket to go nitenite when we take a break haahaaa.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
If this ride ends up with a large SoCal turn out, this may become more challeging and entertaining than any organized race event. Motorized Bicycle Rally! We should of called this ride "Blood, Sweat, and Tears." This is gonna be a blast.

.xx.brnotr.ly..shft.dnut

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
i'm confident my bike will make it, but a 200+ mile ride is a little too much for one day.

but...
Yea, did google map the differences. You LA guys would be riding MUCH farther. Still would be nice to find a decent half way point where maybe we could make the meet. Bairdco, I'll bet you could fire up some LA guys for such a ride!!!

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I'm going to see Norm at Venice to work on some bike upgrades. It looks like I'll be able to go and be a leagal MB on the road as well!!!
Tell Norm to bring his butt down and ride! If you can Bairdco needs a ride. Even if you come solo, looking forward to riding with you and anyone else from up there.brnotdnutr.ly..shft.

Professor_Fate

May 11, 2011
H.B./O.C. Calif
I am thinking of driving down to SD for this group ride. If I can get another
to join me I can take one other with bike. Truck seats two.
I just finished my ride a few months ago and only have 25 hours on the motor.
I have done trips to work and back, 30 miles round, so 70 miles should be no
problem.
I live in Huntington Beach so I would rather not have to go north to pick up
someone. PM me if someone interested and we can make arrangements.

Mark

drn2

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
So do we have an expected count for people going? I wonder how many of the "riders in tights" crowd we are gonna piss off this time?

My bike is loud and knobody is gonna want to ride near me LOL

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
"Riders in tights"?? You mean those guys that wear the spandex bike suits? I have some respect for some of those guys. One guy pretty well kept up with me for close to 3 miles once and I was hauling ass.

My bike screams and nobody can go fast enough to GET near me!!!

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
I rode to Del Mar and back one day and as I was on my way home through La Jolla I had a guy "drag race" me. He kicked my ass...........twice. There was a mutual respect afterwards. Hahahaha.

-Hawaii