Dont trust pirate cycles!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
My point was rather than having a phone conference, go ahead and ship it back with a note.( get the ball rolling ) Yes, pay to ship it back, I'm sure Justin would make the shipping right so it's not your dime. I'm completely confident that if he received a note from me explaining my displeasure he would give me a call..

There has been a conversation where several people have mentioned that Pirate was sold, and one member mentioned Taco, which I am assuming is a member here (flybytaco). I am not pointing fingers, these could be baseless rumors, but if Justin was the original owner, and it was sold, then that explains why people are beginning to feel dissatisfied. Pirate may have been a cut above at one time, but if the new owners are not living up to the reputation that Justin built, then that legacy is not going to last. If someone is not 100 per cent satisfied with a purchase they have made for whatever reason, and they choose not to buy from that vendor again, that is their choice, and even though you may feel it is an overreaction, its not really your place to judge, is it?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Does anyone actually know the owner and are they able to get a hold of him. Because at this point they are not answering any calls or emails, plus their voice mail box is full and not taking anymore messages.

They may be a good vender, but at this rate they will get a bad rap which will hurt their business.
Pirate Cycles is a pretty well established business on this forum and in general, I don't think they're hurting for business or a little bad rap is gonna bring them down. Customers just need to understand Rome wasn't built in a day and that the world doesn't revolve entirely around them.

I want my parts and want them now is not gonna get your bike built any faster.....relax and be a little more patient until they finally arrive.

Here's a little story that might make you feel better (prolly not). I ordered an EZM tranny in the beginning of July and two weeks laterI called Mike and he said he was shipping it that day. It is now two months later and I still don't have it. I haven't called and bugged him and I haven't whined about it on the forum. And I'm a dealer for the company!?

It'll get here one day......eventually.

Relax.....go for a ride

dnut

Last edited:

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Pirate Cycles is a pretty well established business on this forum and in general, I don't think they're hurting for business or a little bad rad is gonna bring them down. Customers just need to understand Rome wasn't built in a day and that the world doesn't revolve entirely around them.

I want my parts and want them now is not gonna get your bike built any faster.....relax and be a little more patient until they finally arrive.

Here's a little story that might make you feel better (prolly not). I ordered an EZM tranny in the beginning of July and two weeks laterI called Mike and he said he was shipping it that day. It is now two months later and I still don't have it. I haven't called and bugged him and I haven't whined about it on the forum. And I'm a dealer for the company!?

It'll get here one day......eventually.

Relax.....go for a ride

dnut
I'm not waiting on parts, but I did order one that is the wrong size and wanted to see if I can return it, but so far after several phone calls over the last week n half and two emails no luck talking to them. I'm not the OP of this topic, but I am frustrated over the lack of communication on their part. Well established or not, that is bad business.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
My Ma once told me "Son, don't ever lie to me. Whatever you do, I'm your mother and I'll always love you. But if you lie to me I'll never believe you again."

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Man, I could really say something about that but...this IS a family forum.

Tom
i can't stop laughing.....I'm almost in tears from laughter... I was thinking to myself about one of these jokesters jumping all over that and it turns out it's the Mod. I'm still laughing

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
There's a bunch of different seat post shims out there. Might be easier to look into that.
Slaps head...

7/8" is bigger than 13/16"

So a shim would make the 7/8" even bigger when it really needs to 13/16". Sorry but all the grease in the world isn't going to get it in there... HAHAHA

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Sorry, I had read that backwards. Well, worst-case scenario, you could sell that seatpost and then get the right size.
Man you are good....I tried reading it backwards and couldn't get past the first two words or whatever: "61\31 naht reggib si "8\7

It really looks like a different language to me :D

Last edited:

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Just got my order yesterday from PC. My coaster rim, PC adaptor, and quart of oil mix. I had to wait a week½ for them to get the rim I wanted. For everyone that thinks pirate's has close. They are still OPEN for business. They just don't answer there phones sometimes. .shft.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
About a month ago I bought a 4cycle engine kit from Pirate Cycles. The transmission was defective right out of the box And looked like it was used before I got it. After three weeks of unanswered emails And phone calls they finnaly picked up the phone And all I got was a run around from the owner.

I send the whole thing back to them for a refund but they refuse to give me one. DONT FALL INTO THE TRAP, DONT TRUST PIRATE CYCLES.

I'll be suing pirate cycles to get my money back And I'll do everything I can to run them out of business.

DONT TRUST PIRATE CYCLES !!!!!!
Thanks for the heads up eternal travler!