Micargi Mustang GTS Questions

GoldenMotor.com

quadzilla570

Aug 30, 2010
Harrisburg pa
I have been searching the forums and getting overwelmed with the many different aspects of building a motorized bike.

Im going with a Micargi Mustang GTS Bike and buying a typical 80cc motor kit.

1.) What rear sproket do I need for the 68 spoke rear wheel. I would like to buy one from somewhere that does not need modified and drilled - simply a bolt on and go.

2.) I have seen all sorts of creative mounting possabilities but do not like the look of muffler clamps. I would like a cleaner look and seen that some people are using aluminum dune buggy mounting pieces around the frame with metal braces bent into motor mounts. Any feedback on this with the appropriate ones I need ? Anyone have a templete that can be copied for a direct bolt on to this frame? Whats the easiest route for me to go even if it costs a few bucks extra to avoid the aggrevation?

3.) Wheres the best place to order the bike where it doesnt take forever to receive it?

4.) Is there anything else I should be aware of?

I am mechanically inclined but everything turns into a headache and I just want this project to go as smooth as possible with the least amount of problems. I would greatly appreciate any info you guys and gals have to offer through your own experiances .

Thanks From The Newbie !

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Yes the red bike in the header is a Micargi GTS and the frame cracked on me. I tried again with a chrome model and it cracked also. There's a thread showing the pics somewhere!!

Not to knock your mechanical knowhow but the stretches can be a pain... engine mounting and chain issues are compounded. Probably not the best pick for a first build. Just my opinion.....

Micargi makes a stretch model with a larger down tube called NX3 that would "probably" hold up better.
http://www.chubbyscruisers.com/shop/3speed-mustang-nx3-stretch-p-275.html

Attachments

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
my Mustang GTS has the frame with the larger, curved down-tube
(I don't think they make the straight tube frame anymore)

I have over 4000 miles on this frame and no problems yet :)

pirate cycles sells an adapter and sprocket designed for 68 spoke wheels