2009 East Coast Rally

GoldenMotor.com

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
you guys talk about east coast ok, not that I mind but Pa isnt that close the Atlantic. Anyway where is this place in PA? new to this sport only been riding since Sept 08.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Hey Jim & Chris,
How are the plans going for this year's East Coast Rally? Thought I'd post to keep the rally fresh in everyone's mind. Bonnie & I will be bringing at least 2 bikes.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Hey Jim & Chris,
How are the plans going for this year's East Coast Rally? Thought I'd post to keep the rally fresh in everyone's mind. Bonnie & I will be bringing at least 2 bikes.
Jay, I've been busier than a one-armed paperhanger of late, so I haven't had a chance to work on it. The person from the park who was to get back to me hasn't yet, and I think I'll e-mail my contact person at Ft Miles again and ask him who she is so I can contact her.
I plan to bring two bikes this time as opposed to the three I brought last year. I'll bring the Whizzer and the EZM.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
!HOW! Crazy Horse here just wanted to know if anyone has the dates finalized for the East Coast Rally yet.

I'm 2-1/2 to 3 hours from Cape Henlopen State Park at Lewes Delaware, we Washingtonian's like to sometimes refer to the area's of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia as DelMarVa.

This place is north of Skydive DelMarVa, in Laurel, Delaware maybe I can get a few of you to go skydiving this is one of my favorite places to jump you can see both the Chesapeake, Bay & the Atlantic Ocean when jumping from 14,500' yes 14,500 foot high.

Well let us know who would like to be there know the exact dates.

Peace Crazy Horse.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Crazy Horse, do you look for old junky airplanes that might not make it back............OR do you kjump out of perfectly good airplanes?

Doesn't make sense, pay for a ticket, then jump out before you get there......

Mike

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Crazy Horse, the dates of the rally are September 26 and 27. It's at Cape Henlopen State Park, and I'll post more specifics as the time gets closer.
I'm looking into discounted motel rates at the moment, and it looks like the Red Mill Motel is going to be our best bet. It's pet friendly as well, for those traveling with Fido.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Kilroy, Fossil,
Where are we all staying. The wife likes details. I'm not usually worried about that stuff. Did you find a good hotel yet? I liked the one we stayed at last year & it had accommodations (big word) for pets. Let us all know.
Jay

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Kilroy, Fossil,
Where are we all staying. The wife likes details. I'm not usually worried about that stuff. Did you find a good hotel yet? I liked the one we stayed at last year & it had accommodations (big word) for pets. Let us all know.
Jay
Jay, I'm planning to stay at the Red Mill Inn as we did last year. However, when I called them, they had plenty of rooms available for Sept 26 but the listed rate was $95 per night. The guy at the desk advised to call back periodically, as the rate will likely go down. I'll hold off until either A: the rate goes down, or B: rooms start drying up for that night.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Crazy Horse here just wanted to see how many if any Washington,D.C. Area motor-bikers, will be attending the 2009 East Coast Rally?

Peace Crazy Horse!

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Here's the latest information. First, the dates are September 26 & 27, 2009. Things are looking like we'll be holding it at the very same place in the park (Cape Henlopen State Park) as last year. I'm trying to get group pricing for the Red Mill Inn (nearby), so I'm asking for a tentative head count. I'll post that appeal in a seperate post so it doesn't get lost amongst this information. The park also has a campsite for those interested in camping.
It looks like we will have secure storage for the bikes overnight (in Battery 519 again), so nobody will have to worry about their bikes disappearing overnight off a trailer or bike rack.
Current plans are to have a number of rides throughout the park, and into Lewes. I'd like to try to arrange a "gag" photo shoot with the bikes lined up to go on the Cape May - Lewes Ferry.
Like last year, we can have a ride-out to The Irish Eyes Pub & Restuarant for lunch (if it has reopened by then - it's temporarily closed). Striper Bites Bistro or Gilligan's Waterfront Restaurant & Bar would be nice alternatives if Irish Eyes isn't open. We can also do some grillin' there at the park and have a picnic.
Also, let's not forget the possibility of an informal swap meet. Let's just sell out of the back of cars / vans / trucks, no setting up tables. The park may frown upon something overtly commercial in nature.
There are a number of things to do in the park itself, a stop by the Nature Center or Fort Miles Historical Site (a WWII Coastal Artillery Site) might be of interest to some attending the rally. I'm a volunteer at Fort Miles, so I can be a temporary tour guide for our group that weekend. Also, the 261st CAC (Coastal Artillery Company - all reenactors) will be conducting a drill weekend there that weekend, so we can harass my buddies (did I say that?)...
Also, Delaware does have a helmet law of sorts. You must have the helmet with you and displayed while you ride. It does not necessarily need to be worn. They do not specify DOT helmet, so if anyone plans to ride with a regular bike helmet that will probably be fine.

Last edited:

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Re: 2009 East Coast Rally - Hotel Room Head Count

I'm trying to negotiate group pricing at the Red Mill Inn (which is nearby). The motel is pet-friendly and has WIFI (which works better in some rooms than others).
How many of those planning to attend would be interested in staying at the motel? Please let me know soon, so I can try to negotiate our rooms at a group rate.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Count Bonnie & I in at the hotel for Saturday & Sunday night. I took a vacation day Monday so we can stay late at the rally Sunday. Anyone else staying Sunday night?
Jay

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Crazy Horse here if it work's out my wife Allie & I will at her parents condo in Rehobeth Beach, Delaware.

Will bring 2 of my Stretch Cruisers 1-Black & 1-Chrome, waiting for the Worksman Drop Looped frame prototype to arrive in the next few weeks, so I can make any adjustments as to allow my EZMOTORBIKE engine to fit, I doubt that It'll be ready for the Rally but I'll try to bring it with me either way to show everyone what it looks like.

Looking forward to meeting & riding with everyone.

Peace Crazy Horse, aka Joe.