2009 East Coast Rally

GoldenMotor.com

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
How about a picnic / cookout at the park? I can bring my world famous (well, locally famous) meatballs and some rolls. If we all bring something, it can be one mighty fine picnic. Anyone else think this would be a good idea?

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Bonnie wants to know if the picnic is lunch or supper? She said she would bring her macaroni salad. Also I checked & they still had my reservations. Quenton said they lost his and they had to rebook. I was a little concerned when it took the guy a while to find ours. Thought for a minute we'd be camping out at the park. Everyone that booked at the Red Mill Inn might want to call & see if they still have a room.
Jay

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
SIGNAGE: Once you enter the park, look for signs to direct you to the site. They will just say "MB Rally" and have an arrow telling you which direction to turn. I'd post a photo, but I haven't made them yet.
By the way, Cape Henlopen State Park is not a free park, there is a charge to enter. It's not quite off-season yet. That's when the park is free to enter. I tried to find the fee information online, but they only list rental fees for pavilions, etc.

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
I just got confirmation from park officials that we will be able to set up at the same spot as last year, but to keep in mind that the area is first come, first served. Those of us who were there last year know which area it is, so the earlier someone can get there on Saturday morning, the better. Also, it was confirmed that we will be storing the bikes overnight in Battery 519 - the same underground WWII Coastal Artillery Battery we stored the bikes in last year.

Attachments

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I'm almost ready. I took off work tomorrow. Will load 3 bikes in my mini van. Quenton did it last year & I'm going to get them in. Bonnie's afraid there won't be room for the suitcase. I told her bikes are more important than clothes (I'm not sure if that sounds right). Don't worry, we'll be wearing something when we get there.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hey, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the Rally I'll be bringing two of my greenline stretch cruisers which have china-gurl 2-strokes on them presently, haven't as of this time installed my ezmotorbike kit on the Worksman newspaper boy cruiser.

Peace Crazy Horse, aka Joe.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
!HOW! Crazy Horse here,

I'm bringing a Black Stretch Cruiser & a Chrome Bling Stretch Cruiser they both have 2-stroke chingurl's, also bringing a rat rod bobber which has the lifan 4-stroke 49cc motor.

It's a 2-hour drive from Rockville, Maryland to Cape Henolopen State Park in Lewes / Rehobeth Beach Delaware. I know it's an easy drive for us compared to the distance some have to travel.

See you there!

Peace Crazy Horse, aka Joe.

Attachments

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
2009 East Coast Rally Report

Hello everyone.
The rally was a great success. The weather gods smiled upon us and even though it rained last night, the skies cleared on Sunday. What a wonderful place to hold a gathering. We had the Atlantic Ocean on one side and Delaware Bay on the other. The park has a rich history of coastal defense during WWII with many gun emplacements and other building to explore. We got to test out the new Q-Matic drive from EZM on a Harbor Freight 79cc 2.5HP engine. We have one mounted in the frame of a Schwinn Corvette and although it was a tight fit, it worked very well. Ray also successfully mounted one in frame too and they said to couldn't be done. There were many Whizzers, EZM's, China Girls, and a few other 4 stroke engine kits represented at the event. Here are some pictures. I'm sure others will post some too.
Jim
P.S. I am only able to upload 5 pictures... bummer

Attachments

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Hi Bill,
Mike is on the left, a friend of mine with a fast Quenton Whizzer. He works with me. The second is Mathew. He is 16 years old. He has the chopper bike in some of the pics. His user name is occstingray on the forum. He's great. built his bike when he was 13 years old & has it titled & licensed. Next is Chris, Kilroy on the forum, and last is me Jay or jbcruisin on the forum.

Last edited: