2009 East Coast Rally

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I should have added. It was $85. plus $7. tax per night. Book soon because there's a big NASCAR race that weekend in Dover.
Jay

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
NASCAR ALERT! NASCAR ALERT!
Ya beat me to the post, Jay.
There is a race at Dover on Sunday 9/27, and as a result we can expect rooms to start drying up quickly. Dover is only an hour north of the rally. I've booked my room, as has JBCruisin'. The rate was $85 per night (plus occupancy tax, which makes it $92) at the Red Mill Inn at Lewes. Rooms aren't likely to be any cheaper, unless you head farther south. If you want to book at Red Mill, the phone number is: (302) 645-9736.

Last edited:

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Quenton just e-mailed me to say that he and his wife have booked at the Red Mill Inn for the weekend. So far, that's Q and his wife, Jay and Bonnie, Jim (Fossil) and myself who are staying there. For those on the fence, I hope they don't run out of rooms soon!

dandrea27

Aug 4, 2009
lebanon
Hi all this will be my first rally. My famliy and I are planning to camp at Cape Henlopen.
dose anybody know how it is there (first time in delaware)
I curently have a moutian bike with a 2 cycle motor and a 2 1/2 gal harly tank
not realy sure how to post the pic on this site

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Hi all this will be my first rally. My famliy and I are planning to camp at Cape Henlopen.
dose anybody know how it is there (first time in delaware)
I curently have a moutian bike with a 2 cycle motor and a 2 1/2 gal harly tank
not realy sure how to post the pic on this site
Cape Henlopen is a really nice park, but I've never camped there. Here's a link to campsite information: Camping at Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, Delaware
I hope this helps!
Looking forward to seeing you there. Stay tuned for more information regarding the rally.

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
We hope to be there also. We will call tomorrow to make reservations at the red mill inn. We have a small dog, so he can come along for the trip as well since the inn is pet friendly.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hey Guys, I got a problem with attending the ride.

I have a pet Koala, and he has a "Flea Circus" of his very own. Will they let him stay? Do you 'spose they will charge extra for each one of "Killey the Koala's" fleas? Killey has an engagement in Chicago a few days after the ride, and that's how we are gonna pay for the trip.

And, what will happen if his star performer "jumper" should get lost, squashed, or (heaven forbid) poisoned?

I know that some of the rest of you have simple lives, with little to no complications, but, what am I to do?

BTW Killey only eats a certain type of Eucalyptus leaves, will I be able to get him enuf of the Red Eucalyptus leaves to make his daily salads?

Please let me know at earliest convenience, since it is a terribly long ride from here to the ride, and I think we need to leave here 60 day early to get there on time. We have to make frequent stops, because Killy gets a little bummed riding in the side-car, and wants to make a lot of "potty stops".

Please help a lonely Koala and his buddy........

Mike

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Hey Guys, I got a problem with attending the ride.

I have a pet Koala, and he has a "Flea Circus" of his very own. Will they let him stay? Do you 'spose they will charge extra for each one of "Killey the Koala's" fleas? Killey has an engagement in Chicago a few days after the ride, and that's how we are gonna pay for the trip.

And, what will happen if his star performer "jumper" should get lost, squashed, or (heaven forbid) poisoned?

I know that some of the rest of you have simple lives, with little to no complications, but, what am I to do?

BTW Killey only eats a certain type of Eucalyptus leaves, will I be able to get him enuf of the Red Eucalyptus leaves to make his daily salads?

Please let me know at earliest convenience, since it is a terribly long ride from here to the ride, and I think we need to leave here 60 day early to get there on time. We have to make frequent stops, because Killy gets a little bummed riding in the side-car, and wants to make a lot of "potty stops".

Please help a lonely Koala and his buddy........

Mike
Mike, I called the motel and believe it or not, Red Eucalyptus leaves are a part of their continental breakfast. So go ahead and bring your Koala, but you may have to pay a little more to stay at the motel with it. The Koala discount was last month. September they have a discount rate for those traveling with Kinkajous.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi, well, I had a talk with Killey. It didn't go well. The thing is that in my youth, out at the farm we had some pets.

A very mean-spirited Monkey named "Suki" which was the actual nickname of the bosses oldest daughter.

A ring-necked Pheasant, a Chinese Golden Pheasant, some Chickens, some pigs, a couple of Geldings, a Mare, a Jenny, a Stallion (that's where we got the Jenny), a couple of Dogs, a few stray cats, and 64,000 head of cattle. Seems like there was a Mexican Parrot or two? BUT the most admired resident of our lil "Farm", was a lil hairy guy named "Kinky".

Kinky was a South American Kinkajou, a lazy guy, tho a bit more active than a 3-toed sloth, Kinky was a fun guy, laying on his back, eating grapes right off the bunch, one at a time.

Now the Drama, poor Kinky ate some crickets that had been chlordane'd got sick, mean, and bit the Bosses son, driving one of his long front teeth right thru his thumbnail! Well after he died they did the Rabies test, and Joe was really happy to not get the Rabies shots.

Killey and I were so depressed about the memories, that we both ate those D*mnmed red eucalyptus leaves, and drank Fosters, till we both were green at the gills!

You ever seen a Koala's gills? NOT a pretty sight!

Killey and I are now kinda depressed, and not sure if we can make it, he's even considering cancelling the Flea Circus date in Chi-Town, and missing out on going to Motown Records, and meeting Barry Gordy.

BBL more of those durned leaves are backing up again......

Mike

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
Trophies have been ordered, and things are coming together for the rally. I'm really looking forward to the event, and I sure hope I can ride by then. I have my left foot in a "boot". I don't know yet if it's sprained, strained, bruised or broken. (I don't think it's broken.) If worse comes to worst, at least I can drive the "Sag Wagon".

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I just talked to calvynandhobbs (yes, that's his user name) & he didn't know about the rally. I sent him details & links. Don't people read this section of the forum???

Last edited:

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
This post started over a year ago. I didn't realize that this thread covered over a year in planning for this event. I'm not going to be able to make it the weekend of the 26th/27th. Currently I don't have a way to put my bike on my vehicle and that weekend is the Jeep Rally in Somers, CT. I'm manning a booth on Sunday for the East Coast 4wd Association. After reading through all of the posts over the past year I have to say that this event looks like it will be a lot of fun and I'm sorry I'm going to miss out on the festivities. Now that I'm aware of this rally I'll block that time off of my calendar for the next one.

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Two more weeks until the Rally!!! Can't wait!! I'm not wishing the year away, but I love rallys. Got quite a few bikers from my little town coming.
Jay

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
I am bringing my bike, some tools (including 12v/6v battery charger), spare gas, and a spare helmet to the rally. I am also going to bring my welding equipment along on the trip in case anything breaks on anyones bikes. What else could we bring down for the event?

KilroyCD

Jul 22, 2008
Lancaster County, PA
I am bringing my bike, some tools (including 12v/6v battery charger), spare gas, and a spare helmet to the rally. I am also going to bring my welding equipment along on the trip in case anything breaks on anyones bikes. What else could we bring down for the event?
Wow! I think you're coming better prepared than anyone! I can't think of anything else you'd need to bring in order to tend to the bike. However, read the next post...