Warrior

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Velo don't have all that much time to work on them. I am a jack of all trades (master of none ) So every body and his brother wants me to do things,fix lawn mowers,today welded up a 2 wheel dolly cart that was over stressed and broke,sharpened his lawn mower. blades. Live in a small city and lots of underpaid try to help when ever i can.

I also own a lake place that i am going to sell,so i can free up time and do a build for myself, on top of that my wife don't drive so have to work her in between to keep piece..........LOL.........These forks are self engineered so have to take it as i go,one step at a time to not have to do it over. We are getting there and shouldn't be to long now, a lot of rain the next few days so will be in the shop working on them when i can............................Curt

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well Curtis you are doing a Splendid Job! and quality is what I desire my friend and it is something lacking these days ( if anyone hasn't noticed )but not with Curtis's work quality is his middle name.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hot off the Press just got to add the rocker mounts YEE! HAA!
Thanks! Curtis
This guy needs a pat on the back!

PS you guys could probably PM Curtis Fox for the Know How's ?

Attachments

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Awesome work, I love the bike. Thanks for all the pics and sharing the build, it's threads like this that make this forum great and inspiring.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Yer Welcome! LSR
A fellow Forum Member ( Curtis Fox/ Fox Burro ) is making the Springer Forks for me he does Very Good Work!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ok ! so Curtis was doing fit and function testing and came to the conclusion that the spring was a little too long and what that did was fold the rockers back so he put another spring on that was shorter and gained some rigidity then he really put some weight on it and came to the conclusion that in order for the rockers to fold and the shorter spring to flatten you'd really have to hit a pretty deep chuck hole
1st pic Long Spring
2nd pic Folded Rocker
3rd pic Shorter Spring
4th pic Deep Chuck Hole Fold

Attachments

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
This had been a fun experience,and very challenging to get everything right and workable. Justy sorry it took so long,but i take things one day at a time,do what i can today. So sometimes it sit a while with other chores to do. A little not don't buy that metal peg board for above bench,way to much light glare i will end up painting mine. The reason everything is lying instead of hanging.......Start boxing now..............Curt

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ya Know I never noticed the peg board in the back ground ,too busy gawking at your fantastic work but now that you mention it I can see where the glare would come in with a fluorescent light, paint em flap beige or off white.
Thanks! Curtis for outstanding Springer Forks.
You Got Talent Man!

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I saw the sheet of metal on the wall and was wondering what it was for. Great idea and you know if the hook will hold it, it won't pull out of the hardboard.

Then there is the Honey Do list that usually starts out with " Honey do you have time to???" and so it starts. Two weeks later your back at the bench staring at the pile of parts and trying to remember just what you were doing last.

Those springer forks are looking fantastic. They deserve a build worthy of them.

Steve.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Got the forks a couple weeks ago and they are Great! I have a few things to do before I Post any pic's I also blew my shoulder out so I have been going to Physical Therapy so that too has slowed the progress DOH!!!!!
I Wanna get this Bike Done.