Blood Thursty!

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I've order the puch head, waiting on that, been bugg'n people on a thread title'd "The bearing Doctor" and everyone is changing the wrist pin bearing for higher rpm capability that the high comp head produce's and what a job that was tracking it down especially since I have no experience with technical terms for bearings so first off I had to get familiar with the terms,that said I had no problem finding it $6.97 +
$6.oo to ship.
Now everyone is talking about putting in washer to take up the slop between the boss's I'm try'n to figure that out and how the washers on both side of the rod will inter act with not only the bearing's but the boss's as well, sounds a little scarey to me with those washers clanging around in there, anyone got some input on those? I sure could use the knowledge

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Got my Puch head today WooWEE!! this is go'n to be fun!(well maybe after all the work) but today I was back to mess'n with the chains I'll get that right someday,Look's cool as it sits but here is the truth,36t crank sprocket and 19t rear cog,the drive chain is tighter then (well I'll that to yer imagination)I'm think'n a 25t crank sprocket?
my goal is to get them right before I take the engine out to finish it

Attachments

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
How do you adjust the chain line on your bike?

Mine has a 3 piece BB so it's relatively easy to adjust. You can see it in this picture. The 115mm crankset was $69. The sprocket was $20. You can install the sprocket on the inboard, or the outboard side of the crank. I had to add some washers between the sprocket and the crank spider to get the chainline straight. I could have also changed the width of the BB, but I didn't want to. Mine is 121mm wide now. Just a little too wide for the chankset I bought to fit without spacers. They told me it was for 115mm with the sprocket outboard. Putting the sprocket inboard took up most of that. Some thin washers took up the rest.

Right now the chain line is great, but the gearing sux.

http://motorbicycling.com/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=4415

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The chain line is good and have a lot of room on both sides between chain and tire it's the tension, ones tight the other is loose then the opposite,AGGGH!! and remember I gotta keep this period correct(well mostly 86% anyway)
That is a sweet set up though

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
looking sooooo nice! must admit im little jelous over the handlebars. soon to be there myself with constructing the drivetrain and not looking forward to it really ;)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey Monark go on line and check out the VooDoo Scorchers,their Flat (no rise)BTR bars or Velo orange has a similar type not expensive, you can make your own out of a pair of Mountain bike bars and a little kids (bmx) handle bars just cut the center bar and file it or dremel it smooth then you can probably get the brackets from Sportsman Flyer, but seriously get the VooDoo Scorchers they fit your bike perfectly.
Thanks!! for the words too,the Indian is putting a little fight with the chains

Last edited:

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Hey you posted this on my puch head thread:

"Hey! Moto
I just got my Puch Head 70cc Hi Hi comp head for my PK 68.5/80cc and bolt holes don't match you talked about drilling them out with hand held drill(thats all I have!) did you drill from bottom? or top of the head? and how did you keep the hole straight so that nothing is off set when you bolt it up, you've got to fill me in on everything (PLEASE!) if you click over to Board Trackers and Vintage bikes my thread title is "Blood Thrusty" and check out what I'm working with.
I also want to run the same Dellorto carb"

I drilled from the bottom, and didn't really worry about keeping the holes straight. Just as long as they aren't totally angled then you should be fine (I doubt the holes on the POS stock heads are dead straight). Your gonna have to run 13mm head bolts, as the 14mm stock ones wont fit. I am running a stock head gasket with a very thin moped gasket on top of it. with only the thin moped gasket the piston hit the head. Your build looks really really bada$$, keep up the good work. BTW, I am a complete noob (im 14) and I managed to put on a puch head so you should be able to do it too. Also BTW I didn't mess with any of the stock bearings in the engine.

Here is a running video... (the gauge is volts ac from the magneto white wire)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well I'm go'n to hand off the head to my Dad he's been a machinest for 50 yrs and has all the stuff to drill the puch head out to except the 8mm bolts but that will be Wed.
Hey! has anyone got word about the Dellorto pirate special ? went to my broswer history to get to the product page and got the site but not the product, searched for on their site and nothing! do they even sell them anymore, I have a CNS high pro carb but don't really want to go through all the B.S.!!! to tune it and the dellorto sounds like a winner.
Thanks! for the props on the Red Skin Dash

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey! Moto... what is the od/outer diameter? of your intake tube mine is 19mm so the Dellorto-sh....15.5 lever sounds good but I want to make sure it's going to work before I order it, do I need to get a throttle cable as well as schem to go along with it along with the carb???????

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I have a Sporstman Flyer intake because the porting's match and OD is 19mm same as a stock intake, put them together and their the same size, fits into the CNS carb real snug with whatever size they sent ??

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Got the holes drilled out in the Puch head, now I'm waiting on the needle roller bearing for the wrist pin and that was ordered from Bearings Direct on 6-12-12, called on the 17th, they hadn't even filled the order, called today and still hadn't been shipped, they said it would get shipped today, Ya right!
Has any one seen the new prototype head by Crmachinest/AKA Fred, sure would look good on that Indian

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Sorry! that this thread is turning out to be one of those threads with a lot of chatter insted of building, today a big set back I ordered a K10x14x15 caged needle bearing on 6-12-12 called last Mon then again today and they told me the part is in PO with Japanese Mfg and won't be here until mid July and not only that the guy at the order desk had an attitude like I was the problem, how do place's like this stay in business?
this is the only part keeping me from final assembly of the engine, and I'm suposed to have this ready for a vintage motorcycle and car show by mid Aug
OH the WoW's!!!!