Will this cause catastrophic failure?

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I've purchased a pexmor 100 cc engine and an after market 100 cc cylinder and piston kit and because of misalignment of the cylinder on the original motor it is unusable due to a off center cylinder hone so I contacted the company and they refunded 90% of my purchase price and let me keep the motor well I ordered the aftermarket cylinder and piston kit and the aftermarket cylinder skirt is also cracked.

Should I just trim the cracked area off and use it or will the piston come down far enough to actually be affected by the crack.?

Please refer to picture one.

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I've purchased a pexmor 100 cc engine and an after market 100 cc cylinder and piston kit and because of misalignment of the cylinder on the original motor it is unusable due to a off center cylinder hone so I contacted the company and they refunded 90% of my purchase price and let me keep the motor well I ordered the aftermarket cylinder and piston kit and the aftermarket cylinder skirt is also cracked.

Should I just trim the cracked area off and use it or will the piston come down far enough to actually be affected by the crack.?

Please refer to picture one.
Cylinder is still good but...
Send that company you got it from a Pic and tell them it's defective,
maybe they'll let ya keep it and send ya another one

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil