Wildfire?

GoldenMotor.com

ecirnala

Nov 8, 2012
Florida
Hey guys, I just bought a bike & I really don't know much about it or the hobby. Can any of you please give me some advice on what I have & what all can be done to it? From what I can tell, it is a Wildfire that is kind of a replica of a Whizzer & that's about all that I know (& I may be wrong). I would really like to lower the bike & try to make it go faster & stop faster. Any advice would be a huge help. Below is a link to the original ad for it & a few pics. Thanks
http://panamacity.craigslist.org/bik/3379554244.html

ecirnala

Nov 8, 2012
Florida
I said that. All that I know is that is some kind of a Whizzer knock off, like you said. I was really just looking for some advice on it or if anyone knew anything about it. Trust me, if I had the money to build something better, I probably would, but with an '88 Ranger V8 project, a '93 Mustang, a fiance, & trying to start a business, the bike probably will have to take the backseat most of the time. I'd like to lower it, put some different wheels & tires on it, add a decent exhaust, paint it, & call it a day. Do you have any ideas?

ecirnala

Nov 8, 2012
Florida
Are the quality of parts for these things any different depending on where you get them or what company makes them, or is it all just chinese junk or are there any companies that make high quality stuff? Do you have any suggestions on where I should look for some lowering stuff? This thing sits up way too high for me to be happy with it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Unless you're handy with cutting and welding steel there really is no way to "lower" that bike. The frame design doesn't allow for any change in height except for lowering the seat and handlebars to their lowest position. The seat post looks to be extended nearly all the way up. It is adjustable. You can also change the handlebars to another style or try flipping the ones you have upside down.
You could opt for changing the wheels, going to 24" instead of 26" but you're only going to loose a little in overall height. Probably much less than you want.
Just changing the front fork to a springer style will have no effect on how high the bike sits.

Tom

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
It is not anything even remotely related to Whizzer in any way, shape, or form. It is not a clone, a reproduction, or a knockoff of any Whizzer model. I am just being straightforward and trying to give you the right information. Furthermore, in the ad, the seller described it as a factory-built motorized bicycle (maybe not his exact words, but close enough). That is also misinformation. With the type of kit that is installed on that bike, there are no "factory built" versions available. It is simply a kit that the purchaser would install on a bicycle of their own after receiving it. There are some shops that will install kits on bikes, but they charge a labor fee, and "factory built" implies that the bike rolled out of a factory with an engine on it. This simply is not the case. Again, I am just trying to provide you with the right information. The seller told you some things that he felt would increase the chances of making a sale. Still, $275 is not a bad price for a bike like that. But if the bike is going to take the back seat to other projects, it may not run when you want it to. Any bicycle with any type of engine will require more frequent service and maintenance than any non-motorized bicycle. Also, with the chinese engine kits, they sometimes require a bit of tinkering and maintenance to stay running and working properly. No, some of the parts are not better quality whether you get them from one vendor or another. There are vendors that make or sell aftermarket parts, and most of the aftermarket parts are of much higher quality than the parts that come in the kit, but most of the kit parts are of a quality one might expect from a $150 engine kit (think about that). If you are willing to invest the time and most likely money, you will have a decent running bike. If not, your bike will sit undriveable more often than not. As far as going faster and stopping faster, I would focus on the latter first. Even at 25mph, strong brakes are very important. Once you get decent brakes or get the brakes you have working adequately for the speed you're going (can be done depending on what type of brakes you have), then start your performance mods. as far as lowering the bike, if its a 26", you can drop it an inch by going to 24" wheels. if you want to drop the frame, chop and weld basically.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
ummm......

http://www.wildfiremotors.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=62&Itemid=75&vmcchk=1&Itemid=75

I think they're based in Ohio. From what I can tell, they are an importer of Taiwan based Whizzer parts (Joe Lin?) and they did at one time sell a "Wildfire Whizzer" which used a china girl engine. Which is probably what this bike is. I saw several discussions on the other forum about this brand. Seems they were going for $450 plus shipping on ebay in 2008.

Pretty sure the "4L motorbike fuel tank" that I got off ebay (which is a Whizzer clone tank and same tank as pictured above) is the same one as the Wildfire one, just in a black color instead of the Wildfire red color.

Google images show some pics of them, they looked OK. Here is a pic of one.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I am just being straightforward and trying to give you the right information.

Furthermore, in the ad, the seller described it as a factory-built motorized bicycle (maybe not his exact words, but close enough).

That is also misinformation. With the type of kit that is installed on that bike, there are no "factory built" versions available.

It is simply a kit that the purchaser would install on a bicycle of their own after receiving it. There are some shops that will install kits on bikes, but they charge a labor fee, and "factory built" implies that the bike rolled out of a factory with an engine on it. This simply is not the case. Again, I am just trying to provide you with the right information.
Hey BBB
You are right on about the Whizzer info but misinformed about
the Wildfire motorized bike.

www.wildfiremotors.com sold the only factory built motorized bicycle that I
know about.
They came complete in a shipping box from China and were not assembled
in the USA or a kit installed on a bike.

They have been posted about in the past here and the bikes didn't have very
high quality components which failed like most cheap bicycles.

They don't show them on the website anymore and I don't know if they are
for sale now. Looks like they went to ebikes.
This is the only pic that is left on their website.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You can install bent springer forks which lower the front of the bike 3 inches. They only cost about $50 on eBay.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
They do take some getting used to. I felt that way at first, but now they feel normal to me. When I hop on one of my bikes with regular forks I wobble all over the road for a little while till I get used to them. They might not be for everyone, but I could ride the box they came in lol.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Hey BBB
You are right on about the Whizzer info but misinformed about
the Wildfire motorized bike.

www.wildfiremotors.com sold the only factory built motorized bicycle that I
know about.
They came complete in a shipping box from China and were not assembled
in the USA or a kit installed on a bike.

They have been posted about in the past here and the bikes didn't have very
high quality components which failed like most cheap bicycles.

They don't show them on the website anymore and I don't know if they are
for sale now. Looks like they went to ebikes.
This is the only pic that is left on their website.
Well, I think I was partially right. In all the time I have been on this forum (About two years) this is the first time I have ever heard any mention of a factory built bike with a china girl engine, and they dont seem to be sold anywhere else in America. I am sure that if they were still being sold here, someone would know about it and have made mention of it by now. So there dont seem to be any being produced for sale in America currently. There are probably a handful still out there, but like I said, in two years, this is the first time I am even hearing about them.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Rear-facing dropouts mean that the slots that the rear wheel slides into face away from the rest of the frame. I am not sure what it has to do with lowering the frame, maybe it makes it easier.

ecirnala

Nov 8, 2012
Florida
Do any of you guys have any suggestions of what I should do with this thing? Please include pics or at least a link.