What Brand 4 stroke chain vs belt ?

GoldenMotor.com

oldfartfarmer

Jul 30, 2019
Looking to buy a 4 stroke motor,

californiamotorbikes has the Firecat and as ive bought a 2 stroke from him and happy with it I was thinking of that, but find little info or reviews on it,
with other brands i just get confused, trying to figure out any quality control,

Im looking for opinions on what to buy for a 1st 4stroke,

is a belt drive better than chain drive?

Im looking to build the motor in a Sportsman Flyer Frame not looking to go FAST,
looking more for reliability

thank you for any help and info
cheers
John from the back woods of Maine

Reactions: Dylan Lee

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Vince from Vince motor bikes says, Gas bike.net Ghost racer 7G is one of the better kits, 49cc. Belt primary is the best more quiet and don't stretch like chain..........Curt

Reactions: Dylan Lee

Dylan Lee

Jul 10, 2019
As curtisfox said, the 49cc huasheng ghost racer 7g is one of the best to start with.
I've gotten mine almost 2 weeks ago, and I ride it at least 12 miles a day.
Already 130 miles on her and only one problem- stretching chain. But that's pretty easy to fix.
I'm getting roughly 70mpg right now due to living 5 miles out if town and 3/4 throttle all the time.
I'm needing the power it provides, too. I have plenty of hills and potholes here in south-central oklahoma, so hp is a need.
A 41t sprocket to replace my 44t is gonna be a nice upgrade, because of 24mph top speed.
I'm thinking of replacing the stock 10t gear with a 12t to help with the torque loss, and I'll get better cruising rpms with those 2 gear changes.
A new carb and freeflowing exhaust is what I'm aiming for next.

Dylan Lee

EDIT: Its a belt trans but chain drive