Well it happened....bearing failure.

GoldenMotor.com

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
I got back from a ride today and the clutch wasn't working right. The clutch was pulled and the engine would not disengage. I eventually took the clutch cover off and removed all the pucks and the engine was still being turned by the motor when I wheeled the bike around. There are some bearings on the "flywheel" that the clutch pucks ride in, they are the ones that failed. I tried 2 weeks ago to remove that flywheel with no luck.
Can these bearings be replaced? Or is the motor shot? Any tips? Suggestions?:-||

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Thanks guys.

I'll get a new assembly if I can get the old one off.

What's the trick to getting the old clutch assembly off. I tried the other day with no luck. Do you need to heat it up with torch or something?

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Here's a link to show you how the clutch is disassembled.
http://motorbicycling.com/f30/animated-view-motorized-bicycle-clutch-assembly-8939.html
Do you have the gear puller tool that comes with the bike kit? You will need one.
Remove the little screw the "keeps" the flower nut setting. Don't loose the little twirp.
Remove the flower nut, flat flywheel plate and the spring behind it.
Jam a shop rag between the large ring gear and the small bevel gear
on the 5'oclock position of the large gear so that when you put a socket on the nut the engine cant turn the crank over. Remove the nut ( can't remember metric socket size off hand.)
Un- thread the center bolt that is part of your gear puller tool , and thread appropriate end of the gear puller into the clutch , Tighten it in there deeply, and put the bolt back into your clutch tool and crank it in. You'll have to jam the gears with the rag. It should pull the whole rest of the clutch ass'y off for you. You might need some tutoring adjusting the new clutch once you get it back together. We're always here.
Don't try prying and never use a torch.Tell me how it worked. Good luck it's not that tough
Tim