Throttle cable just won't snap back

GoldenMotor.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Adjusting the idle screw will raise and lower the slide a small amount. If it's revving too high, lower it by unscrewing the idle screw, if it just wants to die, raise it by tightening the idle screw.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
If you find that you can't get the idle to go low, you will need to reduce the tension on the cable. To do this, there is a screw right at the end where the cable goes into the carb which will allow you to tighten or loosen it. Looking at that picture, you might have to loosen it slightly to lower it a little bit but picture might be deceiving.

Reactions: scootertrash

scootertrash

Aug 25, 2020
IT'S WORKING for the 1st time in over a month we got to have a small ride ( getting dark) the throttle is responding & it's sputtering a bit so I am guessing that is the carb adjustment portion.
Will do that tomorrow & am soooo happy now

Thank you Tyler

Reactions: Tyler6357

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
IT'S WORKING for the 1st time in over a month we got to have a small ride ( getting dark) the throttle is responding & it's sputtering a bit so I am guessing that is the carb adjustment portion.
Will do that tomorrow & am soooo happy now

Thank you Tyler
Sweet! There will be some adjustments that you will need to make, everyone does, plus, there are some really good upgrades to do that will make the engine last longer and perform better. Have fun! Oh yeah, make sure you got good front and back brakes!! :)

Last edited:

scootertrash

Aug 25, 2020
So put the front brake back on?

Will save for upgrades & really make everyone jealous, these are rare where I live, lots of good comments from people walking by that are now interested

Looking forward to tomorrow & actually going for small spins around the area.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I agree, most of the stopping power should be on the front brake, a disc brake is best but rim "V" brakes can work good enough. Coaster brakes on the rear are not designed to stop a motorized bicycle, it will get too hot and fail, it's better have a V brakes on the rear.