Suggestions for construction of a tank bag.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I know there's a lot of skilled and creative individuals on this forum, so I'm asking you for advise. What I'm interested in is hearing ideas on how to procede with the construction of a tank bag for my bike, which will have to be made from scratch. So far all I have is a rough outline of the design. Leather is my desired material. I have no experience in this type of construction. I was thinking maybe a wooden frame of some sort that would hold the shape, that I could take to an upholsterer to cover in leather.

If you have experience with this type of project, or a better idea, how would you go about it?

The black area on top of the frame is the shape I want.
tbi.jpg

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
There are thousands if not millions of different style tank bags out there for all different kinds of Motorcycles. There are also other small M/C bags that mount on everywhere you can think on a M/C
The possibilities are endless and yes their leather if ya want
Have you done a search

Last edited:
Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Mossy

May 20, 2022
There are thousands if not millions of different style tank bags out there for all different kinds of Motorcycles. There are also other small M/C bags that mount on everywhere you can think on a M/C
The possibilities are endless and yes their leather if ya want
Have you done a search
I'll do a quick search :) your internet down?

Attachments