Raw Racer III: Anybody managed to piece together this kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Hooka

Aug 21, 2020
Hey guys, new around here... built a skyhawk on my Dad's bike before but decided to try a Raw Racer III this time and I'm wondering if I'm just daft or if they gave me an air filter that won't fit the carb...

20200819_185610.jpg

I'll probably just try and find some hose that makes up the difference for the second... Other than that, excited to get a few more parts and throw together my chopper :D

The original bike:

20200722_162217.jpg

Thrashard

Aug 8, 2020
I built a raw racer 3 kit with the same carb and had no problem getting the air filter to fit, or so I thought. I had to tighten the clamp down so much it eventually chewed through the hose. The engine is solid though. You will definitely have rejet the carb for it

Hooka

Aug 21, 2020
Yeah, did manage to get it to bite on with lots of turns and a steady hand, we'll see how it holds... might find some old hose to use as a spacer...

Thanks for the heads up about the jets, had thought of it but kinda underestimated my costs and will have to wait for certain things. Any advice in that department would be appreciated!

Thrashard

Aug 8, 2020
You'll want to get windowed piston and/or a third transfer port if you're planning to use the Reed valve that comes with it. Learned that one the hard way. It'll still run, but you won't have near as much power and will run extremely rich and have poor fuel economy. They fail to mention any of that on the vendors website. The engine itself is very solid and reliable. You'll still get alot of power straight out the box if you run it without the Reed valve

Hooka

Aug 21, 2020
Tragic to hear, don't feel like stripping it down and using my dremel on the motor quite yet. I'll see how it goes and if need be, drop the reed for the time being.

Had to order new headset bearings, but otherwise seems relatively good.

Here's some parts stripped down for rust primer:
IMG_20200901_201022_289.jpg
IMG_20200901_201022_291.jpg
IMG_20200901_201022_293.jpg

And, some newer pics... getting there...
IMG_20200916_214828_063.jpg
IMG_20200916_214828_067.jpg
IMG_20200916_214828_060.jpg
IMG_20200916_214828_062.jpg

Last edited:

thrasher666

Jun 24, 2021
You'll want to get windowed piston and/or a third transfer port if you're planning to use the Reed valve that comes with it. Learned that one the hard way. It'll still run, but you won't have near as much power and will run extremely rich and have poor fuel economy. They fail to mention any of that on the vendors website. The engine itself is very solid and reliable. You'll still get alot of power straight out the box if you run it without the Reed valve
Hey bro I sure could use your help.I'm currently dealing with that exact problem.I'm installing a window piston tonight . And you say I'll need a third port? How do I accomplish that?Do I need to get a different head?What exactly did you do?And what did you do to the carb for reed valve?I cant find any info on it on how to tune it or where to buy jets.If you could please send me some info.I guess I'll put my other carb back on and take off reed until I get all this figured out.