Old Style Rear Wheel Stand for 28" Wheel

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
First listing I found Ebay From India (does not say and have not tried contact yet for what size wheel) $38.32 Free Shipping

Second I found Amazon but ship from China (it says 28" wheel fits) $99.99 Free Shipping

Anyone have something that is shipped within USA and is for 28 inch wheel well made that you know of.

Of course I see some people on DIY go the extra mile and actually make the stand from scratch. An engine from scratch that is not Faux only, not sure I saw that just yet though on the forum.

MT

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I'll be taking some measurements of my rear drop outs and stuff to see if either would fit. Some things I could do to make it fit, but prefer mot to have to fabricate much with metal, angle grinder, & MIG welder.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
They have much the same dimensions except the lesser expensive one on Ebay ships from India is taller in height dimension 19". Amazon Transformer height looks like measure tape was about 15" tall. My rear wheel is a 26".

I have my bike covered over not accessible right now as rain, sleet, and sometimes snow. 45 F weather I did do some seeing about another centrifugal clutch to try a neighbor gave me. Actually 2 of them different number of teeth. I rode trails about 2 weeks ago before weather started getting inclement. And thought it did well, but I sort of maybe though a clutch manual type with lever would engage much quicker. Not sure I would try to put the one on if still selling that I would have a manual clutch lever and be happy with it more.

But to the taking measurements and if having it fit before I buy, I need to still do that. I think I expect that return shipping if it can even be returned would be on my dime. Taller by a few inches if can hold 120lb bike at least as well as the center stand I have would be needed.

The center stand I have is OK, but I have to weld and fabricate something to keep it from moving around loosening the single bolt. I would see about making two bolts on it to keep it from moving and loosening. Looked like Silver Bear did a bike like mine and made his own rear stand and even welded directly to frame. The center stand I have may be hitting stuff as it does not retract way up high as rear stand obviously do.

Other is I was thinking about a drum brake on the 24" front wheel or a disk brake on the 24" front wheel. Both require buying not just the drum or disk parts, but relacing up a wheel so they can be used. Premade wheel with a drum brake could be cheaper possibly. A wheel with the six mounting threaded holes for a disc also may be cheaper than paying to relacing a wheel with the proper hub. Heck I saw a few whole bicycles with disc brakes that could be cheaper than wheels sold that have drum brake or a wheel with the six threaded mounting holes for a disc.

Then I looked at the sissy bars for banana seat I have that include shocks on the bars.

I suppose I could be just leaving it the way it is, except to fix the self loosing center stand bolt. Then have it be fine till possible looking at a new manufactured trail bike 125CC. Rim brakes just are not good after getting wet, my concern.

MT

Last edited: