Looking for a style of tires and rims.

GoldenMotor.com

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019
Hey Guys Im planning a build and Im really looking for a certain type of wheel and tire that I saw on a video of Jay Lenos Garage the video in question is:

The bike right in the beginning has the wheels and tires and I cannot find what type they are or where to even buy them. the motorcycle style tires are just awsome looking and the drum brake is trick and would make my build alot safer. does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Edit: been really looking hard at the vid and they are some kind of 24" tire but i cant really read the name...

Last edited:

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Welcome to the forum.
Those tyres are made by Felt. 3" wide (Thick Brick) or 2.125" wide (Quick Brick) sizes. Tread pattern would explain the quirky choice of name Felt came up with. Freely available online in black, cream or grey colours. Front wheel looks to be fitted with a Sturmey Archer drum brake. Available in 70mm or 90mm diameter. If you can't buy a ready made wheel fitted with the S/A drum brake, simply purchase the brake and rim separately and have your local bike shop lace the drum to the rim using nothing lower than 12 gauge spokes.
I've used the S/A 70mm drum brake on two of my motorized builds and can testify its suitability. Perfect choice.

FSCN3403.JPG

FSCN3433.JPG

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019
Thanks, pete
I love the look of the tires for sure, and the drum brake gives me at least a little security when I ride. And I was thinking of going with 11g or maybe even 10 gauge if my local shop can do it.