im close but i need help on my dirtbike.

GoldenMotor.com

JJYZ

Aug 14, 2021
so a couple months ago I got a dirtbike its a YZ 426F, when i got it, it needed a new top end, i took it to a guy to get it done because I haven't done anything like that before. he finished it and when he was done with it it was perfect. BUT i don't know why, he didn't change the gaskets. so I was kind of out of money at that point and he wanted more to go back in and change the gaskets but i couldn't do it. so i took it home and decided to try it myself. I am going to Lincoln tech right now and I do know a little about this stuff but I never did anything like this. i just got on YouTube and followed everything step by step. I changed the gaskets and everything went very smooth. I out it all back together and at first i couldn't hook up the compression line bc I count get it to reach and the bike is compression start. so I said what the **** and i decided after trying to get it on for 2 hours to bump start it. i bumped it first try and it ran, went all the way down my street (witch is a small hill) but just idled and whenever i went to give it gas nothing happened. then the bike just shut off and hasn't gone since. i did figure out the compression line and i am able to crank the compression like normal and TRY and kick it over like normal. it still wont start and i tried bumping it after i figured the compression line out and then when i put it in 1st or 2nd i hold the clutch in and my back tire it locked wont turn at all only a couple inch inches. i opened up the engine everything still seems good the timing still seems on (to the best of my knowledge) its all lined up and its not locked up, I'm thinking its the carburetor but i don't want to spend the money for a new one or the time and risk to rebuild it if its another obvious issue.