How long and far can you go on your tank?

GoldenMotor.com

BrandFord2140

Oct 19, 2019
I found out on different kits they have different intakes I bought one with the messed up steel one and one with a cast aluminum I took the steel one that I did have a vacuum leak with and replaced it with the cast aluminum one I've done some other modifications to the bicycle engine so I can conclude that a vacuum leak will make the engine very unmanageable to run and keep idling

Last edited:

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
More so if your running the stock nt carb they leak air like a tire on thorns ,gotta make sure that you seal the carb mount really good or the leaking will continue ,try spraying carb cleaner around the carb back side make sure you have no leaks and spray around all the places where the motor connects to the parts all around if thears a leak the engine will rev up high or stall out pin point any leaks fix em its a must or the motor will not run properly good luck

Reactions: waynesdata

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
One more thing get a better carb spend the 40 bucks the pwk 21mm is what I'm working with totally worth it once I learned how to tune it

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
One more thing get a better carb spend the 40 bucks the pwk 21mm is what I'm working with totally worth it once I learned how to tune it
pwk 21mm is a good way to create problems many can not resolve.

Too many post on here about OKO style carb tuning problems. Most of the post got no help.

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
Very true and good point ,my self I learn the hard way through my gains and failures, but those stock carbs wow I've had my share so far and still I half to use the rungtung for my work bike ahhhhhh anywho to answer the question at hand for my usual riding and working (I pull a trailer with gardening equipment)many I'll get about 3 days max before I'm empty as for miles per tank many 40 to 50 if I'm lucky but that's just guessing ima half to get one them speed odometer check mileage for sure, good Qu

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I have a 5 quart see through tank. My bike shifts 7 gears automatically. I use a 33cc Robin Subaru 4 stroke engine. I too weigh around 240 lbs and my bike weighs around 100 lbs and can do around 28 mph on level ground. I live in the Tennessee mountains. I average over 200 miles per tank.