Greetings, and Salutations from the Mini-State (R.I.)

GoldenMotor.com
Jun 29, 2020
Westerly Rhode Island
Hello from rainy, haily and thundery Rhode Island. Although not new to Mopeds, I am new to this rather novel concept. Took an old WalMart Roadmaster Mountain Bike I've had sitting idle for decades, and threw a Zeda 66/80cc kit from www.Bicycle-Engines.com, and so far, apart from some minor burps and belches, runs quite nicely I must admit, especially for a cheap, Chinese engine. And much to my genuine surprise, in stock configuration with a 36T rear and a 10T front hauls my rather large frame around at a respectable 30+MPH, and pulls me up hills to boot! Here's a picture I took of it when I first completed it, it now has a different pipe, carb, and that's about it to this point...

Attachments

Loop

May 27, 2020
S.Knoxville
Very swanky. And welcome to the forum, sorry it took a while to reply I’ve been working on the taillights and battery pack for my Corvid model 19.
im glad the 36 works for you I started out with it but recently moved up to a 40 tooth rear and I didn’t lose any speed ( average 24-25 top 31 ish) but it lost the vibration at 25 and pulls uphill better now for me though im Probably running a heavier bike.
anywho welcome.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Welcome I have a Kent hanging in the rafters that could be a twin to your Road Master. It was ridden for many years yet looks close to new. I've built many motorized bikes but never this one. I rode it about a year ago & it functions great. Glad you modified yours and hope you enjoy.

Rick C.

Reactions: Loop
Jun 29, 2020
Westerly Rhode Island
Thanky, thanky! Actually I stand corrected, I also added a Pull-Start, a Mid-Pipe with the Stock Silencer and Wide-Axle Pedals to accomodate those items. Not to mention Horn/Head/Tail/Turn/Brake Lights, the lights/horn combo was gotten at the same outfit I got the initial kit from. Now just accumulating support gear for it, i.e. cables, fluids, oils, clutch pads, grease(s), nuts/bolts, washers...thought I had spanner wrenches but I can't find those damned things to save my life...oh well, off to the local dispensary for a new set. Having a heck of a time finding a 10mm deep-wall socket...places either don't have it at all, or they have everything BUT that. Ebay here I come...

Reactions: Loop and indian22