CA resident but go to college in OR

GoldenMotor.com

bean4life32

Feb 21, 2009
Pacific Northwest
So I have been reading up on the different threads about the laws in both CA and OR and had a question as to what would be the appropriate action for me to do before I start riding as a daily rider on my Motored Bike.

(background) I have modded up a small kids bike with a 25cc wacker engine friction drive that I have ridden around campus but not enough to get noticed but i have talked to another guy that bought a Chinese engine kit and got a bunch of tickets (no turn signals, etc...). First I think his problem was that his bike was 49cc, chain driven (technically considered a motorcycle in some states), he can go way faster on his (I think mine maxed out at 20-25 but haven't put a speedometer on it), and its noisier so it draws more attention. Those are the reason I think he got his tickets but I dunno I haven't been noticed by the cops yet.

Anyways, back to my question I am a California resident and have a drivers license from there but I go to school for nine months out of the year here in Oregon, If I just applied for a moped license from CA or fill out a form for my moped and wear a helmet would I be fine not to get tickets here or would I have to follow some of the backwards laws here even though mine fits under the OR laws as a motor assisted scooter category according to OR DMV

Last edited: